Women's World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The tournament begins today in Germany and all of England's games are available on the BBC red button, starting with the fixture against Mexico at 4:45pm Monday. Unlike in the men's game England have a real chance of making at least the semis, and if you have never watched Women's football the standards are very high.

Well worth a watch for all football fans.

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
I'll be watching
thumbsup.png

Stephenite

Membå
I'll probably watch a few games. If I get the time.

I've caught bits of games from the under-17s world cup on eurosport. They've been highly entertaining. Lots of enthusiasm and goals. I'll be cheering on the girls too.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Monkey tennis. Anyone with an interest in football will not tune in to this at all. Even if they swap shirts at the end, you still have to watch the turgid dross that went before.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Is there any beach volleyball on?
smile.gif

I am keeping a look out for the Men's beach volleyball. :biggrin:

yello

I've watched France twice now and I must admit (for all the prejudice and ignorance that this statement will show*) that I was incredibly surprised at how well the game was played. Okay, sure, women lack some of the physical strength that men have, and that is particularly evident in shooting, but the speed, skill and awareness was every bit as good (if not better) than in the men's game. The French women played a very attractive game imho.

*I can only but own up to and apologise for my misogyny with no intention to offend.

Top Bottom