Women's World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
They won did they? Good. I stopped watching at half time, my wife came in and we had to watch something about B&Bs instead.

On the standard of womens football, I was talking to a friend at work about it a few months ago, he played to a very good local standard and I asked him how good was a womans international team compared to a mens team. He reckoned a decent mens sunday team would beat the womens international team.

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
They won did they? Good. I stopped watching at half time, my wife came in and we had to watch something about B&Bs instead.

On the standard of womens football, I was talking to a friend at work about it a few months ago, he played to a very good local standard and I asked him how good was a womans international team compared to a mens team. He reckoned a decent mens sunday team would beat the womens international team.
Probably from the same school of thought that used to reckon the BBAR champion would win the Tour de France.

Then a few tried and found out the truth.

Stephenite

Membå
England v France now.

Been some very good passes so far, and tightly fought, in the few minutes i've seen (just turned telly on).

Did the BBC get their act together to put this on? I'm watching it on norwegian eqv. of BBC1.

postman

Legendary Member
It was on BBC 2.They defended well, bit overrun.It went to penalties.Goalie saved first one.Then France did it.Hard luck ladies.Seemed a bit short on forwards and midfield were too busy defending to offer support up front.No pun intended.Tried but just fell short.

Top Bottom