Won some lights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some regulars may remember I have a hobby of writing to magazines, hopefully to get on the letters page and obviously to win some booty by getting letter of the month accolade. I hadn't written to a magazine for around 18 months (winning a helmet..... behave all of you....) so....

I thought I would write to a mountain bike magazine about my recent foray in MTB's including the story of how I straight swapped a 5 year old Defy for an entry level Python (which I've bored you all with entertained you all with on here... ) and I got letter of the month.

I won a pair of Lezyne bike lights worth around £130 for the pair on wiggle (RRP seems to be about £160) so they are worth around half as much as the Winter MTB they are going on... waiting for the postie to bring them....:hyper:

I might even take a couple of lights off the bike as they are so bright (I run a couple of Slicone knog type lights and 2 cheapish beams around £20 each) on the front and three cheap cling film wrapped leds on the back)

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Well done! How about publishing your letter here?

classic33

Leg End Member
Some regulars may remember I have a hobby of writing to magazines, hopefully to get on the letters page and obviously to win some booty by getting letter of the month accolade. I hadn't written to a magazine for around 18 months (winning a helmet..... behave all of you....) so....

I thought I would write to a mountain bike magazine about my recent foray in MTB's including the story of how I straight swapped a 5 year old Defy for an entry level Python (which I've bored you all with entertained you all with on here... and I got letter of the month.

I won a pair of Lezyne bike lights worth around £130 for the pair on wiggle (RRP seems to be about £160) so they are worth around half as much as the Winter MTB they are going on... waiting for the postie to bring them....:hyper:

I might even take a couple of lights off the bike as they are so bright (I run a couple of Slicone knog type lights and 2 cheapish beams around £20 each) on the front and three cheap cling film wrapped leds on the back)
They give lights as prizes for "Letter of the month" now! I got nowt when I got "Letter of the month" a few years ago.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Well done! How about publishing your letter here?

I'm assuming I can as its copyright me... But I'll wait until I've got the light in sweaty hands..

They do edit letters so I'll post the original on here before their editing.
They give lights as prizes for "Letter of the month" now! I got nowt when I got "Letter of the month" a few years ago.

Last month it was track pump worth hundred quid and a multi tool worth 50.... I had my eye on the track pump... but reckon the lights are more useful so very happy.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm assuming I can as its copyright me... But I'll wait until I've got the light in sweaty hands..

They do edit letters so I'll post the original on here before their editing.

Last month it was track pump worth hundred quid and a multi tool worth 50.... I had my eye on the track pump... but reckon the lights are more useful so very happy.
I got nowt!!

OP
OP
simon the viking
I got nowt!!

Most magazines give something for Letter of the month now.. (not bragging honest) I've won L.O.M in BBC focus magazine and Cycling Active several times. once each in cycling weekly, Triathalon220, practical photography (Particuarly proud of the triathalon one... I wrote saying how I couldn't do Tri's as I'm sh*te at swimming) and now Mountain Biking UK

And I do buy the magazines for a few months to get the feel of it... (and you cant read em now without buying em as they are all sealed up in bags with a free gift every month)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Every roadie should spend time mountain biking as it teaches you good handling skills and tricks like bunny hopping, useful for that unavoidable pothole.

Can't you get your mountain bikes inside the car? They'd be much safer.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Every roadie should spend time mountain biking as it teaches you good handling skills and tricks like bunny hopping, useful for that unavoidable pothole.

Can't you get your mountain bikes inside the car? They'd be much safer.
When me and Ben are in the car yes.. When Mrs V is with us.. No and will need the bars when we go camping...

Got the bars but not put them on yet

Top Bottom