Wooden floor or carpet

Wooden floor or carpet?

• Wooden floor

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Carpet

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The wood laminate floors always sound too LOUD though, If I'm in someone's flat where they have it, I always feel as though the people below me will be able to hear every footstep I take.

'Clump clump clump!!'

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Carpet everytime, wood is just too loud and cold.

S'funny, everyone saying wood is too loud. We use it upstairs with a thick green tile underlay and that actually reduces both the noise transmitted from above and the noise filtering through from below and it's quite significant. Also none of us wear shoes in the house, so there's no clunk, clunk as we walk. That said, it can clunk and echo more but if you use rugs, which are easily cleaned, then this considerably improves things. With two asthmatics in the house, wood is infinetly preferrable for keeping down dust, most carpets, despite looking clean, are pretty filthy and dusty.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Having seen how much dust and dirt accumulates on wooden floors I realise how dirty carpets must be.

4F

Crackle said:
S'funny, everyone saying wood is too loud. We use it upstairs with a thick green tile underlay and that actually reduces both the noise transmitted from above and the noise filtering through from below and it's quite significant. Also none of us wear shoes in the house, so there's no clunk, clunk as we walk. That said, it can clunk and echo more but if you use rugs, which are easily cleaned, then this considerably improves things. With two asthmatics in the house, wood is infinetly preferrable for keeping down dust, most carpets, despite looking clean, are pretty filthy and dusty.

With 3 kids and a dog I would always choose carpet and if you hoover it every day there is no real dust problem. If the carpet is dirty then I will just use the vax to clean it.

I have seen both kids and the dog go flying on the laminate floor in the kitchen and mainly for this reason I would never fit wood flooring. Also imho I cannot see the point of getting a wooden floor and just then filling it with rugs ie small carpets.

My brother has recently got a wooden floor in his lounge and to be honest it just feels so cold

Hoover every day 4F. you are one of these two and ICMFP :sun:

how_clean_is_your_house.jpg

4F

Crackle said:
Hoover every day 4F. you are one of these two and ICMFP :sun:

Now that was below the belt crackle

Just for you, taken shortly after the lady in question had swept her "clean" wooden floor:girl:

-Wicked-Witch-Flying-On-A-Broomstick-In-The-Dark-Night-Sky-During-Halloween-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike