Woodrup Track bike now back on the tarmac

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This has Meet Woody the Woodrup been awaiting build for a couple of years but at long last it's mobile again and covering some road miles ^_^

angles.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Getting close to just under the 50 miles covered point and apart from a p fairy visit all is well

Even managed to climb up a fairly steep for Wellingborough hill this morning which is good

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Gently knocking the miles out on this great bike another damp 30 this morning

I was starting to think i might need to look at the gearing but it taps along at 16 - 17 mph and so far managed every hill

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Is that a 'proper' track frame that has been drilled for brakes? I see it has clip on cable guides. One regret I have is that I didn't have a rear brake on my fixed. I just don't use it as a result of this. Trouble is, the tube between the seat stays is hollow.
If I get a builder to braze in a tube that will take a brake, it'll need a respray and the paint is still very good.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is that a 'proper' track frame that has been drilled for brakes? I see it has clip on cable guides. One regret I have is that I didn't have a rear brake on my fixed. I just don't use it as a result of this. Trouble is, the tube between the seat stays is hollow.
If I get a builder to braze in a tube that will take a brake, it'll need a respray and the paint is still very good.

I have no knowledge if it was ever used on the track as such but it came to me with an operational fr caliper , and when i had it re finished by Lee Cooper he fitted a new rear bridge with a mounting hole in to enable me to mount a rear caliper as i wanted it to be fitted with 2 brakes not just the one .

I think Dia Compe use to offer a clamp on caliper that would do the job without any rear bridge swap but i just thought it's getting refinished so had it done then and glad i did .

Top Bottom