Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Did you hear him say 'Mmm' in those few minutes though?
Mmm, I did.

I favour the World Service overnight on my pillow speaker. I‘m not a fan of nighttime phone in radio.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
No doubt 'so' has been mentioned before in the context of starting a sentence,but i find it so annoying!🧐
It has been mentioned yes, but God that's something that irritates once you notice it!

Every edition of every game show in 2020:

Host: Tell us a bit about yourself Dan.
Dan: So, I'm Dan, I'm from Islington and I'm at University in Derby.
Host: That's nice, what are you studying?
Dan: So I'm studying English, and I'm in my first year.
Host: Thanks Dan, please kill yourself. Jen, welcome, tell us a bit about you!
Jen: So... I'm an Internet Customer Interface Experience Executive Account Manager from Cleckheaton.
Host: I want to die.

It's every cocking person! It's become the new "Can I get".

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It has been mentioned yes, but God that's something that irritates once you notice it!

Every edition of every game show in 2020:

Host: Tell us a bit about yourself Dan.
Dan: So, I'm Dan, I'm from Islington and I'm at University in Derby.
Host: That's nice, what are you studying?
Dan: So I'm studying English, and I'm in my first year.
Host: Thanks Dan, please kill yourself. Jen, welcome, tell us a bit about you!
Jen: So... I'm an Internet Customer Interface Experience Executive Account Manager from Cleckheaton.
Host: I want to die.

I was in a pie and cake shop yesterday when a bloke started picking different pies from the hot display. He choose 4 and for everyone he said "Can i get yeah". Even more annoying when a 'yeah' is stuck on the end!!🧐

Tom B

Guru

I was in a pie and cake shop yesterday when a bloke started picking different pies from the hot display. He choose 4 and for everyone he said "Can i get yeah". Even more annoying when a 'yeah' is stuck on the end!!🧐

Used to enjoy that when I had the shop.

"Yes you can" was the answer with no action.

Along with...

.."can I have a 2inch paint brush"
" No you can't, they're £2.50"

I think I've said it before but I hate hate hate
(Usually yelled across The Asdas by an aggressive sounding haggard looking 20somthing year old )
"GET HERE McKyeReece"

My missus occasionally says a version of it and I can't help but give her the eye.... Which she usually then pokes.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Obviously..
Particularly when used at the beginning of a sentence when it is not obvious for any reason.

Obviously, I never do this myself!

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Challenging, when what is meant is difficult or ******* impossible.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Development.

I can understand that turning a former industrial site into houses or shops can be an improvement, but doing it with fields is usually controversial.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Obviously..
Particularly when used at the beginning of a sentence when it is not obvious for any reason.

Obviously, I never do this myself!

At its worst when used by someone talking down to someone else. It's usually to bolster their self-esteem, but it comes across as so patronising that I want to reply with a brick to the gob. I had a conversation with a central heating repairer, where his side of the dialogue was roughly "so, obviously, your pump is faulty and you need to, obviously, fit a new thermostat and obviously flush the rads and then obviously it will be better,"

None of this is obvious to me, which is why I am employing you. Just explain clearly and we will be friends.

Challenging, when what is meant is difficult or ******* impossible.

I'm old enough to remember when people said their organisation had 'problems'. Then that was forbidden (negative thinking), and we had to call them 'challenges'. Now, that is old hat and we must refer to them as 'opportunities'.

I am 100 miles from home with no money and no phone, and my chain has broken and jammed my rear wheel. Luckily, this is an opportunity. :laugh:

Top Bottom