Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'll have to ask my nephew what his favourite football annoying words he uses.. he's contracted to UEFA doing their radio commentating.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just listening to a radio program when the presenter asked the guest "Where are we at this stage of the virus"?

The guest replied "Well,we are where we are". :rolleyes:

I'm getting tired now of people idiots using this annoying phrase to avoid giving a sensible answer to questions! :dry:

Tribansman

Veteran
Me too, but... it is what it is I'm afraid

RichardB

Slightly retro

This took me back a few years. At school, we used to play a game which was basically the reverse of word association. I say a word, and you say a word which is not related to it in any way. If I can demonstrate a link, you lose a life/buy a round or whatever. So ...

Friend
Porcelain
Ambit
Frogmarch
Piles
Deliquescent
Mandatory
Trunnion
Foreshadow
Medical
Geriatric
***Ping! Geriatric is a branch of medicine! Mine's a pint of mild and a sherry chaser.***

And the name we gave to the game?

Plinth.

It had distinct overtones of Mornington Crescent.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
'Journey' annoys me. Everyone goes on a journey. If they get well from a deabilitating illness, it's a journey. If they start up a business selling scented paper towels, it's a journey. If they win a TV talent contest belting out some power ballad that sounds like every other power ballad, it's a journey.

Top Bottom