Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
You've just trivialised 'Brits' and almost demonised

'Birds
The Missus
Totty
'The girls' when referring to grown females'.

:rolleyes:

I would never dare trivialise the 'Brits'

We're such a proud nation of...

Britishers... :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
wife has been watching CNN for many months now due to the 'situation' over there
clearly a lot going on over the past few weeks

so - the word - where to start

but

Worrisome
OK - it IS a word - but what is wrong with worrying????

and - while we are at it

Thank You So Much

Ok - more than one word
but they say it for everything - when "Thank you" would be perfectly good

what would they say if someone did something REALLY over and above?????
leaves them with nowhere to go
Hardly..

"Thank you so much.

I really appreciate that"

I'm not a big fan of calling every small thing done 'awesome' or whatever..

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of appreciation shown .

I used to live with someone who really seemed to wrestle with saying anything nice, about anyone, or anything.

Criticism however, was in no short supply.

It gets to be a real drag on life in the end..

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Sorry if this has already appeared in one of previous 54 pages . “ To Die For” as in the chocolate brownies were to die for , usually on Tripadvisor . Makes me want to stuff a whole tray of brownies in there mouth.

Last edited:
The use of "passed away", or, worse still "passed". There is a perfectly good word, in English, it is died!
I seem to remember one of those old brit semi comic brit horror flics where Vincent Price, after due solicitations, refers to the departed as "the carcass". Happy to see links for this. Or maybe my dark mind imagined it.

By the by, a quite common euphemism in Italian is "disappeared".

Me? I intend to ascend to heaven - with firework propulsion if necessary.

On a pet-themed Facebook page I use purely for information and the articles the phrase is “crossed the rainbow bridge” (bless). When ours go I’ll post that the annoying little sh*ts have carked it.
I am hardly present on facefark - but for practical reasons am on a neighbour/estate one - supposedly private/hidden - god I hope it is - I well remember being invited to a poetry session on a very local (closer to me than where the bins are put out) grassy mound to celebrate the life of a "departed" cat - took me a while to come to terms with the fact that it was serious.

Hey Accy..
FYI

I don't 'like' the terms

Birds
The Missus
Totty
'The girls' when referring to grown females.

And a whole host of other derogatory terms routinely used to put women down.

But still.. They persist.
I think you are safe from offence by the term "birds" unless living in a very peculiar time warp, or some pastime involving custard.
"Girls" is quite often used by women, particularly when on some collective mission.
I used to know some female of fairly advanced years who would sometimes refer to herself as a "girlie", even though she was quite capable, as I at least once reminded her, of throwing me and other men through a window.

Top Bottom