Words that annoy me for no particular reason.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I listen to a local radio phone in. Quite often callers ask why people do 'such hideous things' like mass murder for example. The host never says 'because out of a population of 67 million anything is possible'. Everything and anything possible happens in such a large number of people! Yes,someone who believes they are a plate of fish and chips is extremely delusional,but that doesn't detract from the fact that they think they are a plate of fish and chips!🤔

Exactly.

Come to that, it's a known fact that if you leave a monkey with a typewriter for long enough, it will type out the entire works of Shakespeare.

GoldenLamprey

Ah,the old trick of lefties,to change the subject around to politics when they run out of logical (and illogical) replies.:rolleyes:
Ah, the old trick of righties, to change the subject away from politics when the discussions get a bit complicated :whistle:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah, the old trick of righties, to change the subject away from politics when the discussions get a bit complicated :whistle:
Yeah but this isn't a political thread. You lot have Brexit on the brain and can't stop associating every subject with it,in one way or another.:rolleyes:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No, but if you can remember where you live I'll phone for a taxi to take you home.
How about the important person in a retirement home visit to the inmates who asked the same question. "No but if you ask matron over there she will tell you" was the answer.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Twixtmas - when referring to the period between Christmas & New Year.

Though the word is OK when used in its correct context, and spelled properly.

Top Bottom