Words that you can't spell forever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I don't have any pacific issues with spelling

But do you have any specific tissues with spilling?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Questionaire. I always get it wrong.

I find that one a bastard too.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Bureaucracy (due to my work I moan about this over and over but I don't always spell it right first time)

In spite of being a Bureaucrat for 35 years that one gets me too.

The other is Accommodation. Not only does it come up regularly in my work but it was also a favourite of one of my English teachers at school.

Fortunately the speelchicker highlights it when, like most times, I get it wrong.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Forcible.
it was on my son’s spelling test the other week and both me and my wife thought it was wrong. We had to look it up.

yello

I own up - my spelling is awful. So bad that sometimes even the spell checker doesn't even know what I'm trying to spell and suggests an entirely different word. If I don't check the auto-correct then my posts would be even more gibberish-like than they ordinarily are.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
That looks to be one of the most common, often spelt "defiantly" which is of course another word and meaning altogether. I guess that's why it's morphing into "defo" in most online communication.

Same with quite a few other words - chopping off the end and substituting with an 'o' is an endearing Australian habit.

Chief Broom

Veteran
council or is it councel or are they different words meaning different things,,,,,i'll go and look them up so i'll know for a brief moment and then forget again :rolleyes:

Top Bottom