Work ‘personal goals’ - Stretch target....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Apparently for the coming appraisal year, one of my ‘Personal Goals’ has to be a ‘Stretch Target’ FFS....
I’m 58, bloody good at what I do, work hard have unique and valued experience that puts most of my colleagues to shame, why the fcuk should I want or have to have a Stretch Target? The job’s demanding enough as it is.

I’m going to put down CEO and work from there....That is unless CC peeps have any better ideas....

Jeezus....

stephec

Legendary Member
What is a stretch target, does it involve yoga?

One of the easier stretch target is to take something you already do but do it in a more efficient way for example go from one finger typing to multiple finger typing

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh don't, we have targets and stretch targets. FFS if you want to set a target set one, don't say well you only reached your target this year, not your stretch target, so no bonus/pay rise/ etc etc for you.
Set your stretch low, your target lower, then you can exceed your stretch target and be a model:okay:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
One of the easier stretch target is to take something you already do but do it in a more efficient way for example go from one finger typing to multiple finger typing
But isn’t this the problem?
If you achieve it then it’s not a stretch target. You have to try but fail for it to be successful....
It’s a Catch 22 situation....

Decide on what target you want, then call it a stretch target. If somebody asks why it involves stretch, explain to them why it's not easy to achieve. Nobody will have the confidence to put up a sustained challenge.

In other words, just do your job as normal, and let them tick their boxes.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
From a google sourced link

"A “stretch target” is one that the organization cannot achieve simply by working a little harder or a little smarter. To achieve a stretch target, people have to invent new strategies, new incentives—entirely new ways of achieving their purpose."

To me that is all mumbo jumbo...

Incentives are there to encourage harder work surely, but a "stretch target" is something that cannot be achieved by working harder or smarter?

I don't know.

At least it isn't me that's got to do it... :laugh:

Top Bottom