Work ‘personal goals’ - Stretch target....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im surprised Stretch Armstrong doesn't sue Foodie's firm for trademark infringement,

lane

Veteran
I am leaving my job at the end of next week. I have direct reports who do a routine job to a high standard. I have to give them targets - not related to doing the routine work - but make something else up. Pointless. Just leave them alone to get on with doing their actual job well.

robjh

Legendary Member
And this is the point. The best us old experienced journeymen can do is share experience mentor the young and keep the customers satisfied....
True. After four years of sort-of-retirement I'm now working again for my old company, but at arm's length - a contractor to a service supplier but still the same old work - and I'm quite enjoying the role of elder statesman/kindly uncle who just knows the stuff that my colleagues are rushing around and trying to find out. And not a hint of a f##king appraisal to darken the horizon.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have an appraisal every year. Well I did. When I was 60 I told them I was going to retire at 64. I dont get appraisals now. 😁🇩🇰

DRM

Guru
Our bosses got upset one year, when asked at a meeting about the bonus scheme, that had been adjusted to be even more unachievable I told them you‘ve moved the goalposts that far away, you can’t see them using the Hubble telescope, that’s why we don’t go the extra mile

Top Bottom