Work ‘personal goals’ - Stretch target....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
FF, tell them that you aim to implemente a company Green Travel Plan and that your stretch target is get every employee and director travelling to and from the office on a bicycle financed by the C2W scheme. The justification for this target being:
1. Reducing the company's CO2 emissions.
2. Improving fitness and health in the workforce, reducing time off for illness.
3. Improving life/work balance and mental health awareness in the company workforce.

johnblack

Über Member
My boss asked me in my appraisal if I was still looking at career progression and I said the thought of nearly doubling my hours for an extra 30%, sending emails at midnight and never seeing my kids didn't really appeal.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My boss asked me in my appraisal if I was still looking at career progression and I said the thought of nearly doubling my hours for an extra 30%, sending emails at midnight and never seeing my kids didn't really appeal.

That was my experience and I've gone back to what I'm best at.

My 'stretch' target would have meant trying to get back into the role I left. Which I don't want to do - I got my life back.

johnblack

Über Member
That was my experience and I've gone back to what I'm best at.

My 'stretch' target would have meant trying to get back into the role I left. Which I don't want to do - I got my life back.
I'm at an age where I know exactly what I'm doing and do it well with very little, if any oversight, I might speak to my boss once a month. I see the stress he gets put under and how he has turned grey (he's a lot younger than me) and I do not need any of that. I'm looking towards cutting my hours, not taking on more! The business I work in is brutal at the top levels and the toll I've seen it take on people is not something that I'd ever wish to experience.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
FF, tell them that you aim to implemente a company Green Travel Plan and that your stretch target is get every employee and director travelling to and from the office on a bicycle financed by the C2W scheme. The justification for this target being:
1. Reducing the company's CO2 emissions.
2. Improving fitness and health in the workforce, reducing time off for illness.
3. Improving life/work balance and mental health awareness in the company workforce.
You're in first place!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Another aspect of this of course is that this time next year I'll be scrubbing around for another 'Stretch' goal....
Number 1 rule of a stretch goal is to not stretch too far :blush:
Actually I use stretch goals with my development teams to make sure that I actually get what I need done on time. The stretch goal is always fun for them and not crucial but they cannot start until their real work is complete. That and free pizzas have got me through many a tight situation.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If I could write what I wanted, I would put:

I want to stick my job out for another 15 years without being fired. In 15 years I can retire from this job and that's all that's keeping me going.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
How about increasing your assertive skill base by rejecting unnecessary work targets to focus on core business to increase efficiency, starting with...

stephec

Legendary Member
The only problem here is that if you get even close to hitting it you'll be given a stupid target next year.

At a place I used to work the inspection department had to do three machines a day, it was easy enough and four would still have been OK. One day whilst discussing the numbers with a workmate wise old little Harry was asked about the numbers, and his reply was, 'why do four, they'll expect it all the time, then they'll want five, etc.' 😂

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Apparently for the coming appraisal year, one of my ‘Personal Goals’ has to be a ‘Stretch Target’ FFS....
I’m 58, bloody good at what I do, work hard have unique and valued experience that puts most of my colleagues to shame, why the fcuk should I want or have to have a Stretch Target? The job’s demanding enough as it is.

I’m going to put down CEO and work from there....That is unless CC peeps have any better ideas....

Jeezus....
Get the chip off your shoulder you feckless malingerer!

Top Bottom