Work & Money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would spend 80 percent on loose women and wine and squander the other 20 percent. Work would not see me for dust

Mr Pig

If I can into a fortune one day I would not be in work the next, or any other day ever again. I wouldn't even phone them to let them know where I was! :0)

Night Train

Maker of Things
If I did win multi millions on the lottery I would say nothing and do nothing different for about a year or two while I made sure I knew who my friends were.
I would then start up a little business as a front to cover for my extra spending ability and set up trust funds for all those I wanted to have a share of the money. I would be a secret millionaire.

Night Train said:
If I did win multi millions on the lottery I would say nothing and do nothing different for about a year or two while I made sure I knew who my friends were.
I would then start up a little business as a front to cover for my extra spending ability and set up trust funds for all those I wanted to have a share of the money. I would be a secret millionaire.
Winning a huge amount would embarrass me. When I was at Royal Mail I used to spend ages thinking up elaborate schemes to share the money with my friends and colleagues, either by paying mortgages or just divvying it up into lumps.

Of course I don't ever do the lottery, so it's all a bit pointless even thinking about it...:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
although you wouldn't know it from my pay packet, i'd be quite hard to replace. i think sometimes that if i won the lottery i'd stick around knowing that they now needed me far more than i needed them, seeing what i could get away with in the process…

marooncat

I do not give a sh*t about the company I work for, they would dump me tomorrow if they did not need me so I don't see why I should care about letting them down.

However, I work in a small team and we are all totally over worked so me walking out would have a real negative impact on the guys I work with.

In reality I do not know what I would do, the thing is, if I stayed, my heart would not be in it and the first "kicking" phone call I got from my boss over stuff I do not have time to do would prob result in me telling him what to do with his job and walking out.

iGaz

I'd say I wouldn't invest!! But I would buy my old place of work and make my old bosses lives hell, and enjoy it knowing that there would be bugger all they could do as I was the owner!!!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I was talking to the area manager in the place were I am and I could see him thinking 'i'll be the owner and give my (his) boss some stress just like he does to him'...

From my angle...i dont know like i work in a small team 5 people me 36, 40, 40, 60, 60 & 49. all male and mechanics 'cept the area'manager and me admin.

As I am like I am id give everyone i know a few bob as ive met/worked some nice people in my time...and then weigh up my options...they'd more than likely to be elsewhere....lifes all about experiences and meeting new people & cultures. There are more nice people out there than not, then theres britain :becool:

tyred

Legendary Member
I would continue to go to work. But I'd be very fussy about the jobs I actually did and I would try and wind up the management to see how far I could push them before I got the bullet. I would consider it revenge....

//wrong side of bed mode on// I pay enough tax without playing some stupid lottery. And I object to queuing up to pay for a paper for 5 minutes behind a load of spackers that do. //off//

I would open a bar - with food, decent music and a really nice atmosphere. Woe betide anyone who wanted to be miserable.

On second thoughts, I could open a place for them too - and call it 'Bar Humbug'.

In Hamburg.

Selling Bundaberg.

etc...

<Time for my tablets...;)>

Top Bottom