Work Stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fraz101

Hi all

Happy new year.

I’m on the lookout for a work stand, I have done a search but most forum posts are a good few years old now.

Any recommendations or links most welcome.

I see Lidl/Aldi models are popular but getting your hands on one can be a bit of a hit or miss.

Thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve got a Halfords Bike hut one, seems to do the job If you don’t want to wait for delivery.
like this https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-work-stands/halfords-repair-stand-164412.html
You can get ones like the Aldi/Lidl models from eBay or Amazon.
They won’t have changed much in the last few years so old posts will still be valid

Big John

Guru
This is the one I've got. I bought mine years ago off eBay. They're not cheap and they're not lightweight by any means but they're solid and when you work on a bike there's no wobbling about. Doubt they sell these any more but you may find a few second hand ones about. I guess it all depends on your budget but if one of these comes your way I'd give it some serious thought. Treat them well and they last a lifetime.

https://www.ridgewoodcycle.com/product/wrench-force-classic-repair-stand-4209.htm

I’ve got the aldi one but my own complaint is that is a struggle to get it to stand firm in a cramped garage as the stabilising legs go out in a star shape and are quite long.

vickster

Legendary Member
This Planet X one looks pretty well identical to the Aldi one I have - and the same price. They have others as well.
Looks good value, but another £7 for delivery to bear in mind (good opportunity to add other PX stuff to order as it’s a flat rate for delivery afaik)

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Another vote for the Halfords Bike Hut stand, excellent value and really stable.
20210805_105247.jpg

I have a pretty reasonable one setup full-time in the garage.
But I'd like something for cleaning on the patio - it needs to be quickly stowed away in a corner. Most stands I've seen are a bit of a faff in that regard.
Suggestions??

(
, and does ITS job pretty well - but I'd rather like to get both wheels off the ground, and a bit higher. Mine is a more adjustable better version of this:
1641036483197.png

Alex321

Veteran
I have a pretty reasonable one setup full-time in the garage.
But I'd like something for cleaning on the patio - it needs to be quickly stowed away in a corner. Most stands I've seen are a bit of a faff in that regard.
Suggestions??

(
, and does ITS job pretty well - but I'd rather like to get both wheels off the ground, and a bit higher. Mine is a more adjustable better version of this: View attachment 624439
It only takes me a minute or so to fold up the legs on my Aldi one

Top Bottom