Work Stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Ive used one of these for last couple of years, plus I also use a bench mounted stand for building up frames and for keeping a frame out of harms way.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/500-bike-workstand/_/R-p-309118?mc=8550487

View attachment 624502

View attachment 624503
I have this slightly obsessive thing. I maintain that any picture of a busy workshop or garage will always contain a Castrol product. You didn’t disappoint!
9125C41D-EFA9-4F16-9540-B4B01D034290.jpeg

geocycle

Legendary Member
I have a park tools stand which is great when needed. But I prefer to deal with derailleurs etc when the bike is hanging from the garage wall where it is stored. I got some extra long brackets from Halfords which means I can turn the pedals without them catching.

I bought a workstand from planet X because it was a good deal and it came with a torque wrench.

Now, I lost the torque wrench, probably I put it in a box and thrown away in a clear-out, and the planet X stand is very mediocre and not sturdy at all.

So yeah, I wasted my money big time :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for all replies.

I opted for the Halfords stand in the end.

Cheers
And how are you getting on with it?

Not sure of availability over your way, but I sure like my Bike Hand stand.

View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D9B7OKQ/

I have that one too, but when I bought it, it was $10 less expensive in 20016 ($89)

what's good:
- portable & not crazy heavy
- easily adjustable

what's bad
- only has 2 legs so it is possible to knock it over

review
- I would recommend it. I really like being able to work outside on nice days (just don't get oil on the patio pavers!)
bike stand.jpg

Wow @rockyroller that is some back garden! The perfect bail out when repairs are getting too much, I can just see you "headed up the holler with everything you had". Possibly with a hun'red pounds o' yeast and some copper line. :laugh:
don't know the references but I get the "jist-of-it". so thank you! & yes like Robin Hood, I can take a deer or turkey if the fridge is empty. actually, up to the tree line is our condo common area. meaning I only own 1/90th of it. but we are lucky to have an end unit, w/ a level lawn on our side of the building. the forest you see is town land with a water tower. so we don't expect any development. there is a hiking trail which leads to our town center, that Wifey & neighbors often take. I've harvested downed trees for firewood for our modest fireplace. we're very happy here even if Wifey wants a house of her own. here's a walk out back in a snow storm last winter

View: https://youtu.be/WVWv2Z7Erg0

Apologies Rocky, maybe a bit obscure. It's from the lyrics to "Copperhead Road" where one of the protagonists takes to a hollow in the backwoods to evade the revenue man and make himself some moonshine. Your woods beyond the bike stand seemed well suited!
Nice to have that out the back. :becool:
no worries fun to hear! that's great! I can totally go for some moonshine right now
we do have some wildlife
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.53.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.54.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.55.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.57.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.59.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.59.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 7.00.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 7.02.02 PM.png

Top Bottom