Working for deliveroo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Deliveroo riders are self-employed and supposed to be allowed to chose their own hours, but they told me a while after I joined that my availability to work shifts must included two weekend shifts in three. Nevertheless, I didn't do that and I got away with it. It's almost as if they realized that they weren't entitled to do that.
I'd guess it depends on how many people they have on their roster. Certainly there are well-sourced stories of London Uber drivers (the business model's the same) being frozen out for refusing to work Uber's hours - and London is the sort of city where if someone refuses to be a slave to an invidious systems there's someone even more desperate just round the corner. South Wales may well have a smaller supply of willing/desperate riders than some parts of the world.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Deliveroo on ITV tonight trying to slag them off but the reporter did four shifts and got 40p per hour over the minimum wage . he said he couldn't feed his family on that money , well don't do that job then !
I used to deliver pizza during my apprenticeship . I would earn £30 per week for slogging my guts out on a building site from 730 - 4 . Go home for a bath and dinner and then deliver pizza for about £120 a week 7-midnight . they had the same weekend policy but weekends where for going on the piss with the £120 i earnt delivering pizza and i made that very clear :laugh:
It all looks good to me if you want to get paid for riding about on a bike .

rualexander

Legendary Member
When I did couriering for a very brief spell back in 1994, I found it to be much more tiring than going out for a regular bike ride due to the stop start nature of the cycling.

Top Bottom