Workstands for carbon bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dna1975

Hi everyone

I'm after some advice please. I'd like to buy a workstand do more of my own mechanics on my bike. However, when looking at Wiggle to see what's available it says "Do not clamp around the frame tubes on carbon frames". Can anyone recommend a stand for a carbon bike?

Thanks

DNA1975

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get yourself a cheap seat post.

Proto

Legendary Member
Or an expensive one. Just be sensible with the clamping force, and when doing something that need a lot or torque, say BB cups, get someone to support the frame.

battered

Guru
I have a cheapo Decathlon stand, the bike sits in a groove and is secured by a thing like a giant electrical tie. I don't think that would break any carbon frame, esp if you put a rag round it.

Proto said:
Or an expensive one. Just be sensible with the clamping force, and when doing something that need a lot or torque, say BB cups, get someone to support the frame.
Mines not an expensive one, just a cheap Lifeline one but I can be careful about the clamp (its a adjustable quick release mechanism), maybe too careful IMC :becool: The main bike sits in the groove OK and the clamp above only adjusted far enough so the frame can't come out, its not really clamped :biggrin:

iendicott

Same here got a bog standard work stand and clamp it round the seat post with a piece of cloth between the seat steam and jaws to be on the safe side.

e-rider

crappy member
clamp the seatpost (if it's not carbon). If it is, sell it and buy a Thomson Masterpiece

redddraggon

Blondie
tundragumski said:
clamp the seatpost (if it's not carbon).

As long as it's not something like an Ax-Lightness Daedalus, clamping around a carbon seatpost is fine.

People tip toe around carbon fibre like it'll fail if you look at it funny.

Top Bottom