World Championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

There's one of the Spaniards. And an Italian. No it's a Russian. And a Spanish rider. And an Italian, or is that the Russian? The Spanish rider is with a Russian. I think it's Sanchez, yes it's Sanchez. And Rodriguez. No it's another of the Spaniards. <Go on have a guess who it is, there were 4 of them in the lead group on the last lap...> It's a Spaniard, was it Sanchez? And the Italians are back in the lead.....no it's a Russian. And somebody else, it it Kirchen?, has just taken the lead....no it was Vinokourov! Just how effing hard is it to identify riders?

And Cancellara has blown them away!...Err no he hasn't cos one of the Spaniards <I could have told you it was Sanchez!> was on his wheel...

Very annoying commentary from the bbc.

He completely misread the race and missed the move that Evans made and Cancellera never looked like blowing anyone away, in fact he looked a bit desperate.

Noodley

I appreciate it must be difficult finding something to speak about for such a long time when not much is happening, but surely it's not beyond the means of a commentator to actually find out some interesting facts or history or 'anything' in fact to fill in....then make sure you also have a note of the rider numbers so you can identify them when needed. And watch the race to see what's going on rather than gawping out the window at the podium girls...

Keith Oates

Janner
To see Cadel Evans bring home the big prize is great for him and cycling. After a not so good year for him it must have come as a great and proud moment to wear the striped jersey. Seeing this result has also made me happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Excellent commentary from David Harmon! Did that go out live? I'd switched over to the cricket to see our brave heroes thrash the arrogant Saffers by then.

gavintc

Guru
The final lap was an excellent display of strong riding and excellent performances. The Cancellara attacks right through to the final one by Evans - great to watch. But, I agree that the commentary was poor. At the very least, he should have had a list of the riders in front of him.

Skip Madness

rich p said:
Excellent commentary from David Harmon! Did that go out live?
It had cut on the Eurosport International feed, which was what he was angry about, but British Eurosport was still on the feed so several thousand of us did indeed hear it live.

kennykool

I watched Live on Eurosport. Thise guys mused over a qyestion for over an hour in the middle part of the race......Question - Who is the smallest country to win at the worlds.

Now first of all they had to decide was the question asking about Land Mass or poplulation when it referred to Smallest?

Man it went on for an hour and I think the came up with Latvia. was very amusing.

great victory for cadel - I am so happy for the lad.

Top Bottom