World Snooker Championship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In have watched a bit but no time to watch too much

I did see Ronnie and he looked dangerous - but you can;t tell with him. The slightest problem and he can get distracted and go off

Great player even when running on plan B - but he does talk so rubbish at times!!

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It will be a shame if the World Championships leave the Crucible and head to Saudi chasing the money. Barry Hearn should understand that somethings are far more valuable than their monetary value and the Sheffield venue has become as interwoven with the history of the game as Wembley is in football.

Having been, it is also a very pleasant venue.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It will be a shame if the World Championships leave the Crucible and head to Saudi chasing the money. Barry Hearn should understand that somethings are far more valuable than their monetary value and the Sheffield venue has become as interwoven with the history of the game as Wembley is in football.

Having been, it is also a very pleasant venue.

It’s bound to go eventually. It can’t stay there forever.
They were lucky to keep it last time the contract renewed.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Milkins throws his cue.
Not quite an Eric Cantona moment but I’m surprised he wasn’t warned by the ref. Will he get a retrospective fine?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/videos/cz96jl7p09no

Feel sorry for him but that's disastrous etiquette. Have others had retrospective fines then? Haven't followed it for a few years. I remember Jimmy white firing the cue ball off the table, and that Aussie guy having handbags at 5 paces with Mark King?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/apr/27/judd-trump-world-snooker-championship

The rival tour seems to be tempting Higgins and Williams. Possibly Selby but that is a harder one to judge. Others have stayed more silent though I have missed most interviews. I suppose it could combine last minute. The interviews I heard were more like subtle hints for more flexibility for the current tour.

It would be interesting to see Barry Hearn’s reaction. After all he broke the PDC darts away from the BDO with such success.

It would be interesting to see Barry Hearn’s reaction. After all he broke the PDC darts away from the BDO with such success.

Yes, but the BDO was a very different entity to what is now the WST. The writing was already on the wall for the BDO long before Hearn got involved with the PDC.

I'm more inclined to think that this purported alternative tour bears similarities to what LIV are doing with golf.

Top Bottom