World Snooker Championship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Who ever the looney is who jumped on the table during the Perry / Milkins match and emptied what appears to be some sort of orange dye over it, it's a pity the crowd never got to him before the officials did. He needs a good kicking.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Thats probably the most exciting thing thats ever happened at a snooker match. Watching paint dry has more action than snooker.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Isn't it obvious? He just fancied a game of American Pool. If it is the same colour as a pool table then it must be pool... Perhaps next time he just needs to stick his 50p on the side and wait his turn... Oh well, we aren't all perfect.

To be more serious - I think these protestors do their cause no good at all by doing things like this

Snooker is not connected to Oil usage in any direct manner - like e.g. Formula 1 - and it just annoys people and generates a concept that ""all climate change people are linked to this looney and therefore are nutters"

just my opinion
and we have to watch this doesn;t become banished to "the other place"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wasn't it dried paint that he put on the table, was that an ironic statement from a yob who didn't understand the subtleties of snooker?
I was half watching the other table whilst bike fettling and heard booing and turned to see the referee dragging the women away from table and the security piling in. She was trying to glue herself to it but luckily was too slow / ref was too fast.
Idiots

Fastpedaller

When they glue themselves to something I think...... one day...... instead of 'releasing them' the authorities will just leave them for several hours until they are begging to be saved. It's a difficult conundrum, as I can see sometimes protest is the only option, and where would we be if Women's votes hadn't happened? but at a snooker match?

Whilst I've no issue with legitimate protesting, when they do something like this, which as @ebikeerwidnes says has nothing to do with snooker, it really gets my goat. I know they're doing it for the most impact, but snooker?

It tends to be a different 'spokesperson' when ever they get coverage, but their argument seems to be that they think it gets people talking about the issue, when in reality, it just gets people talking about what a bunch of irritating, self righteous, over privileged self-gratification artists they are.

Top Bottom