World Snooker Championship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I don't think it matters what the event is, they are just looking for publicity and aren't bothered if it is good or bad. And it works.

At least there was no harm done and the match wasn't delayed too long. Not sure why people get so irate about Just Stop Oil.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s a tricky one for JSO to justify.
Is snooker a legitimate area of protest? Probably not.
Will it bring publicity to their cause?
Yes.
Will they lose public sympathy if they keep doing untargeted protests, instead of their more targeted attacks on airports and motorways.
Almost certainly.

Jody

Stubborn git
To be more serious - I think these protestors do their cause no good at all by doing things like this

It gets the message out their and forces a conversation.

This thread wouldn't exist without their actions.

Just for the record, I don't agree with it one bit.

Jody

Stubborn git
When they glue themselves to something I think...... one day...... instead of 'releasing them' the authorities will just leave them for several hours until they are begging to be saved.

Staff went home and locked them in the building. Took up the issue again the next day :laugh:

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/10/21...k9yb5eklB6CfBce8Scssu6CnTSdJ6CUaBX3PLRS9RA19B

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Mmmmm, Kyren Wilson hit a 147 this morning.

The 13th maximum in Crucible history and the ninth player to do so.

They aren't that special any more. The days of a £147,000 jackpot for making one has gone because tournament organisers can't get insurance against having to pay out. Prior to the resurgence of the game in the seventies Joe Davis was the only person who had ever made one.

Top Bottom