Worst actual cycle path?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There's an excellent cycle path on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent. Wonderful smooth tarmac. Only one small problem: It's on the Isle of Sheppey in Kent.

GuyBoden

Guru
Interesting, thanks. What's the source, and is that now, or future?

This route?

View attachment 710621

I don't t*think* there's any lights on the smaller roundabout? and it's essentially between a motorway and a motorway-like dual carriageway.

Obviously not a route anyone's ever going to cycle.

On the plus side, I've discovered "Dirty Lane"!

There is a cyclepath on the smaller roundabout that leads to the traffic lights, then a cycle path to the larger roundabout. I'm not recommending this route, but better than using the A roads.

There is also a huge service station currently under contraction on the other side of the large roundabout, so it's busy.

Yardwood Lane.png

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Thanks @GuyBoden had no idea any of that existed.

Interesting access through that locked gate... ...and not exactly a convenient route. I think there's a better alternative, and not much longer, through Little Bollington and round Dunhma Massey?

D

Deleted member 121159

Round here in the Vale of Glamorgan and Rondda-Cynon_Taf, there are a good number of surprisingly good quality cycle paths.
Also this one between St. Athans and Llantwit Major. Beautiful tarmac. But as usual it only lasts about a couple of miles then you're back on a busy road.
1697751480045.png

D

Deleted member 121159

A38 Bristol Rd between Gloucester and Bristol. Certainly not the worst but always feels like such a missed opportunity to build something actually nice. It's just about tolerable when traffic is heavy.
1697751962533.png

Top Bottom