Worst actual cycle path?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...d-new-ferries-to-stop-it-leaving-uk-nr28ksv0p

I can think of several highly neglected ones. That one has a good bit to the right.

I don't think that was the link you intended to post :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Alan Newton Way has got some massive pot holes in these days - lorded up as a new cycle way a few years ago, and sections are either a mud bog, or carpet bombed with pot holes. Other bits are fine.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Amost certainly not.

From the pictures it looks survivable, which is a real bonus. OK, it's got some big cracks in it, but if you keep your eye out you should be able to ride continuously on hard surface.

Has anyone ridden the path by Frodsham Wind Farm lately ? I rode it about two years ago after not having been there for 7 years or so because the road was so bad. It's like the Runway at Port Stanley. Even on a gravel bike it was hideous.
Surely it's been patched since then but I'm afraid to look.
It's part of NCN 5 apparently.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Incredibly, the Manchester Airport orbital "cycleway" features this.

1697469592366.png

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was riding home from work on a cycle path way out in the countryside last week. I came across a pick up truck driving towards me on the cyclepath I pulled over and the driver smiled and waved. On the back of the truck was a huge blower which blew all the leaves, twigs and debris off the bike path. I then had a 12km ride along the path and did not even see a leaf.

But I do live in Denmark. 😁

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The one on the A14 near Kettering blows my mind every time I drive past. There's no cycle track along the dual carriageway, so I guess you're supposed to cycle in the slow lane, but they helpfully provide a cycle way to ensure you're safe at the slip roads.

1000006520.jpg

Top Bottom