Worst episode of agression yet, really shook up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Sorry to hear that Sara!

Fortunately, it is a while since I had an incident as bad as that, but these things do happen from time to time.

On today's ride, someone actually leaned out of the back of a taxi and hurled sarcastic abuse at my friend and I who were quietly waiting to turn out of a side street. He had a small boy with him, so that's another generation of moron getting his training! :cursing:
Very true. I often fear for the future generations of this country when you see the example their parents show.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
ask the council and any company buildings round there if there is any CCTV, ideally showing the evil prick attacking you, but if you can recognise the car in the vicinity at the time it might at least glean a reg number. Probably wouldn't help a lot with the cops but the more info the better. they do sound like the 0.001% knobber I mentioned on a different thread.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
ask the council and any company buildings round there if there is any CCTV, ideally showing the evil prick attacking you, but if you can recognise the car in the vicinity at the time it might at least glean a reg number. Probably wouldn't help a lot with the cops but the more info the better. they do sound like the 0.001% knobber I mentioned on a different thread.
I thought of that, but to be honest, I'm was so shocked that I'm not entirely sure what time the incident place. I wondered off and sat down for a bit. After a while I text the OH at 13.43, so I guess it was probably 10 - 15 minutes before that.

50000tears

That is scary stuff Sara, glad you are OK though. I agree that given the way this panned out you had an encounter with a very dangerous person indeed. That being said try and put it behind you as quickly as possible, easier said than done I know. But as Mark points out these sort of instances are very rare indeed and most drivers are pretty good, even the ones that aren't don't generally put us in quite this much danger.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Sorry to hear about your rotten incident Sarah!
It beggers belief that these bullying pratts really believe they have right on their side for such behaviour!
I wonder how these thugs would react if their Mother/Wife/Daughter (or male equivalent) etc. were met with such ignorant, mindless and threatening actions.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Sorry to hear about your rotten incident Sarah!
It beggers belief that these bullying pratts really believe they have right on their side for such behaviour!
I wonder how these thugs would react if their Mother/Wife/Daughter (or male equivalent) etc. were met with such ignorant, mindless and threatening actions.
This is what I was thinking. A thug in a car bullying a woman alone on a bike. It makes me despair that there are so many morons like this amongst us.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
....bar-steward! Keep on :bicycle: Sarah. Pricks like that are few and far between and maybe one day they'll try it with a ninja :ninja:

Last edited:
Top Bottom