Worst Smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul J

Whats the worst smell you have experienced?

I started work in a Purina factory and the worst smell ever has to be the wet cat food fish pouches that have decomposed and burst. The stench gets in your clothes and I have even bleached my hands and you cannot get rid of the putrid smell. xx(

Whats worse is the factory has to be 25C+ at the moment so no breeze to take it away.

Thank you for sharing.
Years ago I was clearing away a pile of dead cattle that had lain about a bit too long during the foot and mouth outbreak. One specimen split as a ministry bod and I tried to move it. I had a respirator and so didn't smell it,MAFF bod had no respirator and vomited, I laughed myself breathless at this and removed my ressy to get my breath back. AHHHH! xx( xx( xx(

Maz

Guru
One of my housemates was cleaning out the fridge once.
I smelt something and said to her "Ugh! There's summat that's gone off in that fridge - it needs chucking out!"
She said "Nah, It was me - I just farted." xx(

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have come across many bad smells but I will relate one that wasn't mine to experience.

A chap my brother knew at college, back in the 80's, got his first car, a Porsche 924. It had to be insured on his non driving Dad's name just so that he could afford to use it. He went out clubbing one night and 'pulled'. To further impress the already drunk young lady he decided to show off in his Porsche and took her for a hair raising ride.

She vomited into his dashboard, down the air vents.xx(

He had to sell the car as he couldn't get rid of the smell!^_^

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
People who shop in Morrisons.

buddha

Veteran
I often ride along a particular secluded country lane.
There's one point, however, where I always hold my breath - as you get the 3-in-1 combo of:
1) decomposing/burning chicken manure on one side
2) pig manure from the other side
3) the pungent aroma of the linden tree (I think) - which smells of a certain male fluid!

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Tripe dog food...barf!xx(

I sometimes work on sewage treatment works. Contrary to popular belief, they don't pong as much as you think but actually whiff of slightly stagnant water which isn't so offensive. However, the largest treatment works in London - Beckton - has some really 'fruity' smelling treatment tanks which is akin to being lifted off the ground by your nostrilsxx(.

Then, once in a while, we all produce a nuclear - strength fart which causes you to question your diet^_^

Two incidents spring to mind. One was just the other week when I was clearing a room out at work and found a thermos flask on the window sill not the sun. It clearly had something in it so stupidly, rather than just bin the whole thing, I opened it. It was full of putrid, fermented vomit! Think of the smell of vomit the multiply by several powers. Had to dowse the room in cheap aftershave before could continue working. The other incident was actually worse. Many years ago I worked at a bakery, there was a huge walk in freezer room and one hot summer the refrigeration unit broke down. I was given the job of cleaning out and destroying the well spoiled food. Amongst the myriad delights was around 50lb of chicken joints. The smell generated by the rotting legs and wings was frankly savage and unfathomable. :eek:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Got to be dog food processing companies - there used to be one in the Mill in Marple next door to my wife's parents unit - god it stunk, especially when the 'waste' was moved in and out on a hot day.

Bat Cave at Chester Zoo - my oh my, does that singe the nose hairs. :ohmy:

Top Bottom