Wot, never - ? !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Back to the OP, I do have a friend in her late twenties/early thirties who's never ridden a bike. And a work colleague.
I don't think I've ever ridden a work colleague either.

In Michael Portillo's American railway program this week he met an otherwise apparently normal 50 something who was taking his first ever train ride. I suppose they must drive and fly a lot more over there. I wonder what percentage of British 50 somethings have never been on a train ?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One of my good friends has never tried a cigarette. Not even one puff to try. He drinks like a bloody fish though.

I always thought people had to try a cigarette to see "how bad they are" but some have made that decision without finding out first. They probably don't realise what they're missing!:tongue:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've never been to Spain, and i haven't read a fiction book since i was about 10.

I've never been in a wagon/lorry/truck or whatever you want to call them. I't something i've always wanted to try, you know high up, king of the road and all that stuff. Only as a passenger not the driver mind you.

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My Mom has never ridden a bike and more unusual never been swimming... shes in her late 60's, she had an horrific upbringing.
I have a friend who is early 50s, who has never ridden a bike nor ever been swimming, or even in a swimming pool for any other purpose like taking her kids when they were small etc.
Poor girl had a rather interesting Mum, when growing up but happily, not a horrific upbringing just not a very good one.

When I was a lot younger, I was shocked to meet a girl who had never been on roller-skates. They were the main form of transport, for us, growing up. Smaller to stash away than a bike for going to school etc. Now I know lots of people who have never skated, but when I was 18 or so, it was a very rare thing.

Top Bottom