Wot, no brakes - ? !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Seen locked to a cycle stand in Norwich yesterday, a trendy looking single speed with flip-flop rear wheel, Muddy Fox logos and - no brakes fitted. So is the rider/owner either completely nuts, or does he/she have an unshakeable faith in their ability to stop sharp in an emergency - ?

It is a hard-core fixie thing. Hipsters thinking that the road is a velodrome.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Whatever happened to the once revered Muddy Fox brand?

I think "Universal Cycles" acquired the name in 2001 - and flooded Argos with crap

I actually have the shorts and shoes from SD. Shorts are OK for short distances. SPD MTB shoes are great and look like normal trainers

Was that filmed on that planet Roy Thinnes went to?

[QUOTE 4879583, member: 9609"]what are coaster brakes ?

I would love something on my bike that meant I didn't have to use the brakes to hold my speed down hill, same as using your gears in a car or a jake / retarder in a lorry.[/QUOTE]

The soles of yer shoes might work.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly

I would love something on my bike that meant I didn't have to use the brakes to hold my speed down hill, same as using your gears in a car or a jake / retarder in a lorry.[/QUOTE]

Some of these Kool stop coaster pads maybe? :whistle:

IMG_1026.PNG

Drum brake on the back wheel, usually back-pedal activated. Bicycle drum brakes are rubbish. You don't want them.

Top Bottom