Would this fork fit my bike ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hi guys,
I'm interested in this fork on eBay.
I am aware that the price of the fork will skyrocket in the next few days but I'm gonna participate in the bidding anyway.
I am not sure about steerer size and axel size so can anyone inform me about how these effect the bike and fork and whether this fork will fit my Land Rover.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2942.PNG
    IMG_2942.PNG
    81.6 KB · Views: 65

Cubist

Still wavin'
Hi guys,
I'm interested in this fork on eBay.
I am aware that the price of the fork will skyrocket in the next few days but I'm gonna participate in the bidding anyway.
I am not sure about steerer size and axel size so can anyone inform me about how these effect the bike and fork and whether this fork will fit my Land Rover.
Thanks.
No it won't. The steerer is tapered, your head tube fits a straight 1 1/8" steerer. The axle on your wheel is 9mm quick release, that's a 15mm maxle. And in any case, 150mm travel is in serious Enduro/downhill territory, where yours has 100mm travel. . .

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

No it won't. The steerer is tapered, your head tube fits a straight 1 1/8" steerer. The axle on your wheel is 9mm quick release, that's a 15mm maxle. And in any case, 150mm travel is in serious Enduro/downhill territory, where yours has 100mm travel. . .
Thanks man

I'd also imagine that Fork is going to head well North of 150.

A word of caution: I thought you were trying to keep your costs down but if you keep on drip feeding money into the Landy and the Voodoo, you might want to add it up because you're heading into the territory where might have been able to afford a much better bike if you'd pooled your money. Of course that's tempered by the joy of buying and fiddling but still, keep it in mind.

S-Express

So that link takes me to a page with 12 different bikes on it. Which one has the OP got?

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

I'd also imagine that Fork is going to head well North of 150.

A word of caution: I thought you were trying to keep your costs down but if you keep on drip feeding money into the Landy and the Voodoo, you might want to add it up because you're heading into the territory where might have been able to afford a much better bike if you'd pooled your money. Of course that's tempered by the joy of buying and fiddling but still, keep it in mind.
I am going to sell the voodoo for hopefully around £150.
And my Peugeot ANC-Halfords for £120.
I also have a mongoose that I'll flog for around £30.
With the money I get from the bikes,
I am going to get some wider handlebars for the Landy and obviously a new suspension fork.
Sound like a plan ??

I am going to get some wider handlebars for the Landy and obviously a new suspension fork.
Sound like a plan ??
It's a plan!

Sound like a plan ??

No.
Sell them all,including the Landy and buy something with more pedigree and better fork.
If you are serious about MTB'ing then the right tools are essential.
Budget bikes have a short shelf life,which is why I see so many at the local tip.
Carrera's being the most I see.I know you don't have one of those but same idea.
Not so long ago,I bought a Cove Stiffee FR for £400,decked out with Hope Tech M4's and SRAM X9 for starters.
They are out there,it's just looking for the right one for the right price.
And most sellers can be haggled down .

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

No.
Sell them all,including the Landy and buy something with more pedigree and better fork.
If you are serious about MTB'ing then the right tools are essential.
Budget bikes have a short shelf life,which is why I see so many at the local tip.
Carrera's being the most I see.I know you don't have one of those but same idea.
Not so long ago,I bought a Cove Stiffee FR for £400,decked out with Hope Tech M4's and SRAM X9 for starters.
They are out there,it's just looking for the right one for the right price.
And most sellers can be haggled down .
I absolutely love the look of this but I think it's slightly out my price range.

Attachments

• IMG_2945.PNG
    IMG_2945.PNG
    84.9 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom