Would this fork fit my bike ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have tried the two other and I'm not putting them down.Not at all.
I have come up against guy who rode with me on a 29 er,and while I killed him on the corners,he killed me on the straights.
I do wonder though,after hailing 29ers as the future,manufacturers were quick to hail 650b's as the future :wacko:
Who knows ?

screenman

Legendary Member
The idea I would imagine is to have a bike suited to what you want to do on it that day.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

The idea I would imagine is to have a bike suited to what you want to do on it that day.
I have tried the two other and I'm not putting them down.Not at all.
I have come up against guy who rode with me on a 29 er,and while I killed him on the corners,he killed me on the straights.
I do wonder though,after hailing 29ers as the future,manufacturers were quick to hail 650b's as the future :wacko:
Who knows ?
What about these ??
The steerer is the right size.
Good deal ?

Attachments

• IMG_2952.PNG
    IMG_2952.PNG
    115.7 KB · Views: 54

Cubist

Still wavin'
What about these ??
The steerer is the right size.
Good deal ?
Two things to check. Go and measure the steerer length on your Land Rover. You want the complete distance between the crown and the top of the steerer. The steerer on that fork is 188 mm. Your measurement needs to be equal to or less than that. That includes head tube, headset cups, stem, and at least one or two spacers. I suspect the Landrover head tube will be a lot longer than a Giant Talon, looking at pictures of both.

Next, enter fox float ctd fork as a search term in eBay and check the completed listings box. They sell for anything between £100 and £280.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Two things to check. Go and measure the steerer length on your Land Rover. You want the complete distance between the crown and the top of the steerer. The steerer on that fork is 188 mm. Your measurement needs to be equal to or less than that. That includes head tube, headset cups, stem, and at least one or two spacers. I suspect the Landrover head tube will be a lot longer than a Giant Talon, looking at pictures of both.

Next, enter fox float ctd fork as a search term in eBay and check the completed listings box. They sell for anything between £100 and £280.
Yeah thanks

Will do.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Is this fork a good one for light trials and general commuting.
Thanks mate

screenman

Legendary Member
A rigid fork is fine for light trails and commuting.

screenman

Legendary Member
Okay, but (with respect) that's not what I asked.

Sorry about that.

I must admit I am having problems finding a reason why you would want to make your bike slower over the surfaces you are likely to encounter. Maybe you could explain your thinking behind the idea.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Sorry about that.

I must admit I am having problems finding a reason why you would want to make your bike slower over the surfaces you are likely to encounter. Maybe you could explain your thinking behind the idea.
How would my bike become slower?
( I am however a rookie so please explain)

screenman

Legendary Member
How would my bike become slower?
( I am however a rookie so please explain)

A lot of your energy would be absorbed into bouncing up and down rather than going forward, think about it, do fast road bikes have suspension.

Suspension has some benefits, not on roads and soft trails though.

I am sure somebody will be along with a different view shortly.

screenman

Legendary Member
Why would you put a rigid fork on a full suss frame?

Good point I missed that, can we go with why would you ride a full susser on the road or light trails. Maybe time for a change for Breton, he sure would notice a difference.

Top Bottom