Would this fork fit my bike ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

No it won't. The steerer is tapered, your head tube fits a straight 1 1/8" steerer. The axle on your wheel is 9mm quick release, that's a 15mm maxle. And in any case, 150mm travel is in serious Enduro/downhill territory, where yours has 100mm travel. . .
No.
Sell them all,including the Landy and buy something with more pedigree and better fork.
If you are serious about MTB'ing then the right tools are essential.
Budget bikes have a short shelf life,which is why I see so many at the local tip.
Carrera's being the most I see.I know you don't have one of those but same idea.
Not so long ago,I bought a Cove Stiffee FR for £400,decked out with Hope Tech M4's and SRAM X9 for starters.
They are out there,it's just looking for the right one for the right price.
And most sellers can be haggled down .
It's a plan!
Will this fit my bike.
If so I'm interested.

Attachments

• IMG_2951.PNG
    IMG_2951.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 70

Cubist

Still wavin'
Yes. Although the ad says the steerer is 1 inch, I would very much doubt it is. It will be a 1 1/8". They're about £115 new. OK for a coil fork.

What Cubist said. I had a bike with the tk28's on and they were adequate i.e. they worked, they'll certainly be better than your Suntours.

mythste

Veteran
For reference (and there's a thread in this very forum titled "dipping a toe") I recently picked up a Santa Cruz Chameleon which will be much more capable than I am for the forseeable future for a very reasonable £340. Sram X7, Fox float 32s, XT wheels etc. It seems 26" wheels are really falling out of flavour with the MTB community at the moment so there are some great bargains to be had if you're a) not bothered or b) not going to tell the difference due to lack of ability - I certainly fall into the latter category.

I'd sell your bikes. All of them, and re-assess. You could find yourself not just polishing a turd, but buying it jewelry as well.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

For reference (and there's a thread in this very forum titled "dipping a toe") I recently picked up a Santa Cruz Chameleon which will be much more capable than I am for the forseeable future for a very reasonable £340. Sram X7, Fox float 32s, XT wheels etc. It seems 26" wheels are really falling out of flavour with the MTB community at the moment so there are some great bargains to be had if you're a) not bothered or b) not going to tell the difference due to lack of ability - I certainly fall into the latter category.

I'd sell your bikes. All of them, and re-assess. You could find yourself not just polishing a turd, but buying it jewelry as well.
Yeah I agree thanks.

My sentiments exactly.
Oh,and 26 ain't dead ^_^

I'm hoping my Chameleon turns into a retro investment when everyone realises they've been sent round the houses for no reason! :becool:

I'm sticking with 26" no fears.
Even if I have to go custom.
For me,it's the obvious choice,others will beg to differ.
Tried the other two sizes and they didn't suit.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

I'm sticking with 26" no fears.
Even if I have to go custom.
For me,it's the obvious choice,others will beg to differ.
Tried the other two sizes and they didn't suit.
I like how nimble a 26 is.
I like how much 29ers soak up the rougher bumps.
For me a 27.5 is the best of both worlds.

screenman

Legendary Member
My 29er seems quite nimble to me as do my two 26er's. I must admit the 29er has seen far more use this year than the other two. My DIL won a national championship on her 29er the day after she got it on a twisty circuit if I remember correctly.

My 29er seems quite nimble to me as do my two 26er's. I must admit the 29er has seen far more use this year than the other two. My DIL won a national championship on her 29er the day after she got it on a twisty circuit if I remember correctly.

Well done to your DIL @screenman .
No doubt up against many other 29ers.
But would she have beat someone on a 26" ,in the tight twisty stuff ?
:popcorn:
:tongue:

screenman

Legendary Member
Well done to your DIL @screenman .
No doubt up against many other 29ers.
But would she have beat someone on a 26" ,in the tight twisty stuff ?
:popcorn:
:tongue:

I would imagine a lot were on a 26 as the 29er had not been out long, she was a classy rider before getting the 29er.

My point is many who have not really experienced a 29er are downing them and say people like myself have been sold a pup, things could not be further from the truth, fact is we have brought something different. I have 7 bikes and they all offer a different riding experience, is that wrong? of course not.

Top Bottom