Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

Would you buy and wear a strangers bike shorts?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RCITGuy

So there seems to be a fairly steady stream of used cycling shorts on eBay, and I'm wondering, who on earth buys these? Do people actually buy them and wear them themselves, given what goes on in these shorts?

Is it a bit gross or am I just being as bit fussy?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought some ex-MOD arctic long johns on Ebay once. There was a weird yellow/brown stain on them which they said was hydraulic fluid. I just washed them and they lasted quite a few years.

In principle, yes, but unlikely to do so in practice as new ones are luckily affordable. I have worn rental wetsuits on several occasions and I can assure you that worse things are done in the water. So yes, you are too fussy ;-))

LocalLad

For those who would..would you buy second hand boxers?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I have bought full length cycle tights 2nd hand but I don't think for one minute i would buy 2nd hand underwear.
i don't consider the two items to be the same .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
pissoff.jpeg
In principle, yes, but unlikely to do so in practice as new ones are luckily affordable. I have worn rental wetsuits on several occasions and I can assure you that worse things are done in the water. So yes, you are too fussy ;-))
Good point about wetsuits. Anyway salvation is at hand. Get some wet suit detergent and wash your secondhand cycling shorts in this stuff. Sorted!
:okay:

Last edited:
U

User33236

New or none for me.

I'm funny about 2nd hand clothing. I got passed some second hand socks(!) by a neighbour some years ago. Politely thanked him then came straight indoors and binned them

sanddancer

Lol. I would never wear 2nd hand socks or boxers yet I have considered buying 2nd hand bib shorts. Obviously I would sanitize them first but I only have one pair and they are muddy fox. The pad is a crappy sponge affair. I have lidl/aldi longs but would like to try a pair of dear ones to see if they are worth the money without paying £100 :biggrin:

Top Bottom