Would you buy back your old bike?

Would you buy back your old bike?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Asking CC members - would you buy back a bike you had previously sold?

So, why am I wondering this?

Simple - 18 months ago I sold this: a Carrera 7000 (early Virtuoso). I bought it for £122 (expensive!), used it over the winter of 2011/12 and got it ready for the winter of 2012/13 but sold it for £176 on eBay as I'd won a Raleigh Airlite 100.

It's now for sale at a starting price of £100. I know it's my old bike as I added the red Selle Italia saddle/ red bottle cage, repainted the black forks and fitted red tyres. It's exactly the same as when I had it except it although it looks a bit tatty.

$_57.JPG

Dave 123

Legendary Member
It looks neglected, you can't turn your back on your trusty old friend....

Brandane

Legendary Member
Difficult call. I once had a bike stolen. A Puch Alpine in 1977, it was the first bike I had ever paid for myself through a summer job aged 14, and it got loads of TLC from me.
I was gutted when it was stolen, but happy to hear the Police had recovered it about 6 months later, until I actually saw it :cry:. It had been wrecked.
If yours looks ok but just a bit tatty it should be easy to get it scrubbed up.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Was it you who put the bars at that angle?

Do you seriously want it back, or are you just feeling nostalgic?

The seller's put them so high.

You sold it for a reason, has anything changed to make you want it back?

Do I want it back? I could do with a spare kept at work but at the price it's as much as I would go. I do know that 18 months ago everything on it was sorted, but it doesn't look well cared for now.

If I spotted my original Viking............................ I'd buy it back like a shot................... chances are very thin though as I sold it 25 years ago :sad:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Ah just do it. Poor thing probably needs you. Think how happy the bike will be, coming home.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I converted a Peugeot roadie to a flat bar fast commuter about 10 years ago, spent a bit on doing it right but got hooked on riding my Birdy and eventually got rid in a hasty move. If I could find that I'd buy it back in an instant.

The Carrera looks quite careworn there and in need of someone that can put it back in fettle.

Venod

Eh up
I have been trying to prize my old Airbourne Zepplin frame of a mate I sold it to, but he's not letting go, can't blame him, one of the best frames I've built up, don't know why I let go.

it looks OK for £100 and you know the bike.

Top Bottom