Would you describe yourself as superstitious?

Would you describe yourself as superstitious?

• Yes

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 77.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting question. How people reply will perhaps depend on how they look at the thing they do or believe.

I would say that touching wood, lucky numbers, horoscopes, ghosts and after life can all be lumped in with more nonsense like Christianity and basically all religion. It is all made up beliefs with no foundation with the threat/carrot of upsetting or being on the good side of some imaginary power.

So someone may tick "no" who does not believe horoscopes but does believe in God.

The only thing that gets (wrongly) classed as superstition is walking under a ladder. Surely that is a basic safety thing.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The only thing that gets (wrongly) classed as superstition is walking under a ladder. Surely that is a basic safety thing.

there's a few of those... don't whistle backstage... don't play piggy-in-the-middle on an unfenced cliff top... don't unplug anything in an operating theatre if you're just visiting... the list is endless.

My dad loves his superstitions.... I once put a pair of new shoes on a dining chair, and dad told me to move them because it's bad luck to put shoes on a table... I told him that they weren't on a table, but on a chair... ANY ELEVATED SURFACE! was his reply.

Apparently it's also bad luck to open an inverted crisp packet.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I signed up for yes on account of my tendency to touch wood and to (genuinely) fear 'tempting fate' by saying 'well, nothing can go wrong now' and the like. But having said that, there's any number of superstitions I regard with indifference, including ladders, black cats, the number 13 etc etc

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I like inventing new superstitions...
today's one is:
Never look at bricks on a Wednesday.

Top Bottom