Would you, get your bike signed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tribanite

Depends on who the rider was ..... a signed Trek by Armstrong wouldn't fetch as much as one signed by Wiggins or Cavendish.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
You would never be able to wash it again! Unless you had it laquered....

never thought of that, valid point. :thumbsup:

Depends on who the rider was ..... a signed Trek by Armstrong wouldn't fetch as much as one signed by Wiggins or Cavendish.

I think it's the rider is what has prompted this thread, the bike in question is the Specialized Ltd edition Olympic Tarmac and the rider is Alexandre Vinokourov.
Although I have great memories of the 2012 Olympics and the Road Race. I also like the fact the bike reminds me of this memorable experience, I'm can't say I'm really a fan of Alexandre Vinokourov who has more than a few question marks over his cycling career, but equally he won the Olympics on one of these frames.

zizou

Veteran
I wouldn't...if nothing else i'd feel a bit weird as an adult asking for an autograph. :biggrin:

That being said i do have some signed stuff - books, couple of signed football jerseys, a cycling jersey and a poster (the poster in particular i treasure greatly) and they are nice momentos to have. I dont "use" any of them though, they are either in frames on the wall or on the bookshelves.

A bike is a bit different though - would much rather ride it than mount it on a wall and the thing i regret on the couple of occassions when i've riden with famous pros isn't that i didnt ask for an autograph but that i didnt get a good photograph taken with me riding alongside them...that is what i'd recommend you try and get rather than a signature on a frame.

Lee_M

Guru
slightly off topic, but I have Carl Fogarty's autobiography signed by him, but I also got Michaela to sign it. Mr F looked very non-plussed when I asked her, but probably makes it a bit more unique!

Paul99

Über Member
I think it would be better all round for him to sign the bike than, say, your left breasticle if you must have a signature.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I would have to say no. I would be more likely to get them to sign a piece of clothing or even, if this isnt too far outside of normal, a bit of paper and that would only then be in the unlikely event that I knew who they were, they wer'nt riding at the time, and I could find a pen. :becool:

Top Bottom