Would you PAY to be photographed with Wiggo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm doing the 'Ride with Brad' sportive next week and have always done this event under whatever previous name it went out by. Last year, it was £26 but this year, Wiggo's name attached, it is £40. Today, I learned we can have our pics taken with the King of Cycling...but we have to cough up another £20 for the privilege. Now I know his time is not unlimited and if he were to agree to stand next to everyone wanting the kudos of having a pic of them together the queue would be never ending but still, £20? Tom Cruise asks for nothing and will give all the time in the world to anyone who wants his attention. I'm not comparing the two, but I am asking; would you be prepared to pay £20? You'd always know that the picture that takes pride of place with you and the TdF winner and Olympic Gold Medallist looking like they're bezzy mates cost you for the priv. What do you think?

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Simples no way

Are you paying Wiggins or the photographer for their time?

I would be surprised that Wiggins would be charging for the photograph, he's getting to be paid to be there by his sponsors. Rather it's more likely the photographer looking to make a few bob.

Do you get printed and framed picture or just access to a digital file? If this is the case, then yes I would pay photographer to take a decent picture, printed and framed of me with Wiggins.

Nowt like cashing in, how to loose your popularity 101

Edit: though as pointed out if it is for a pro photog with a framed photo inc then a bargain,if it is to stand next to him whilst swmbo snaps away with the old instamatic...........

ohnovino

Large Member
I was going to say that the money's probably going to his charitable foundation so it's a decent way to raise a bit of extra cash. But worryingly there's no mention of the word "charity" on the Bradley Wiggins Foundation website and no mention of the foundation on the Charity Commision's site.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
This is one i had done a couple of weeks ago.:whistle:
wiggo.jpg

Maz

Guru
I wonder what Paula Radcliffe would charge? :evil:

I think the real question here Paul is whether Bradley Wiggins would truly respect any fan that would pay for such a privilege? I know this is a weird angle to come from but it's the first thing that came into my mind.

I think the answer would be no, and whilst I don't need such respect I would object to paying £20 to be made to feel a complete mug even though I like the fellow. Paying for the ride is quite another and quite a nice thing to do IMO.

asterix

Comrade Member
Maybe the money goes towards this:

http://www.bradleywigginsfoundation...tion=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=33

The Bradley Wiggins Foundation
Our Aims and Objectives
  • to promote participation in sport and encourage people to exercise on a regular basis
  • To support keen and talented athletes from all sports who have the potential of taking their talent to the next level
  • To provide equipment or facilities to allow participation in sport as an individual, through clubs, local communities or schools

asterix

Comrade Member
Ooops just saw this:

I was going to say that the money's probably going to his charitable foundation so it's a decent way to raise a bit of extra cash. But worryingly there's no mention of the word "charity" on the Bradley Wiggins Foundation website and no mention of the foundation on the Charity Commision's site.

Have emailed Mr Wiggins with this link. Who knows, he may answer!

Top Bottom