Would you queue for McDonalds?

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Many years ago I indulged in McDonalds at least once a week. A friend of mine at work told me to try a plain burger from there with no mayo, pickle or the other goo added.
I did and the actual meat patties was as bland as could be. There was probably more taste in the polystyrene box in came in.
That was the end of my affair with fast food burger joints.
A young bobby I knew seemed to eat nothing but McDonalds. Died of a heart attack at work aged just 41 a few months back.

I agree with you that they're bland and tasteless. There seems to be a generational divide with older farts like me used to eating more home cooked food dont go for them, but the younger folk who eat more processed food seem happy to eat it.

McDonalds coffee is the dogs dangly bits

dodgy

Legendary Member
Pretty sure people berating McDonalds, KFC, <insert other popular fast food place> are the same kind of people who love going on forums and derailing threads by telling everyone they don't own a TV or own a car.

Balance, folks.

We have McDonald's about twice a year and thoroughly enjoy it when we're starving on a long drive to $FarAwayPlace

YukonBoy

The Monch
Pretty sure people berating McDonalds, KFC, <insert other popular fast food place> are the same kind of people who love going on forums and derailing threads by telling everyone they don't own a TV or own a car.

Balance, folks.

We have McDonald's about twice a year and thoroughly enjoy it when we're starving on a long drive to $FarAwayPlace
I don’t own a burger 🍔 joint

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
No.

I was shocked when I washed the car at a garage, a huge queue for the Starbucks drive through next to it. Going a long way down the main road. I've got plenty of time on my hands, but I couldn't think of anything worse than waiting for ages for a coffee. Everybody to their own though..

Gunk

Über Member
No.

I was shocked when I washed the car at a garage, a huge queue for the Starbucks drive through next to it. Going a long way down the main road. I've got plenty of time on my hands, but I couldn't think of anything worse than waiting for ages for a coffee. Everybody to their own though..
I think people just want to do normal stuff again, so it’s not really about a takeaway coffee it’s the fact they can actually buy one again.

byegad

Legendary Member
Oh. I thought it was arabica beans.
The LAST* time I had some, at a motorway services, it definitely tasted like it could be made from something other than coffee.

*I mean LAST unless I'm thirsty enough to have completely finished the last of my own urine!

P.S. I watch TV and eat out. But never in KFC, McD's or similar.

Top Bottom