Would you take a new born baby to...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, everyone is different, some people are tougher than others, she may have it all sorted - but to be honest, I can't imagine either of them will have a good time.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
what i'm getting at is the weather. It's 28 degrees or thereabouts at the moment, high UV and she's pictured in the sun (not the newspaper (although they probably will have her in their tomorrow)... i mean the big ball of fire in the sky) with her new born baby. you're not supposed to expose kids under 6 months to sun, suntan lotion or not. and i can't imagine bright sunshine will be good for his eyes
poor little mite's only just been born!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
in a word yes, as long as the mother is breast-feeding and both her and baby are fine.

glastonbury is about far more than the headline bands, and it's quite possible to go the whole extended weekend far from the pyramid stage in quite tranquil yet bohemian settings. there's a great kids' field too, for those with older children.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
... fine at Glasto, as long as you look after the bairn, I'd have thought... however, I know a woman who took her 1 week old to the theatre... she simply didn't understand why people got irked when it cried all the way through... she was adamant that it wouldn't change her lifestyle... the dozy mare. :smile:;) She's a bit more realistic now.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i wouldn't personally. i wouldn't take a new born out in this heat, whether it was tranquil or not.

buggi said:
i wouldn't personally. i wouldn't take a new born out in this heat, whether it was tranquil or not.

+1 Buggi ..

in fact ... i dont take the dogs out for a walk til later in the evening to avoid the heat let alone a baby

Simon

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Well, we were both totally knackered after she came along sixteen years ago, during a similar hot spell, but we were probably a fair bit older. Judging by the babies crying here in the current hot weather, we would keep a newborn out of the sun and hot tents. I'm not sure that the wee one might would like the noise either. It is their choice and I very much doubt that any lasting harm will be done. Good luck to them.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I would be seriously worried about sun-burn... after I managed to get one of mine slightly burnt when they were about a month old - and she was under a shade (not direct sunlight) and that was over a short period of time - not a whole weekend.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
XmisterIS said:
I would certainly take a new-born baby to Glasto - perfect for the barbeque, the flesh would be very tender! I guess you'd only get enough meat for a couple of people though; you might be better off with a four-year-old. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile:
"You like children then?"

"Yes but I couldn't eat a whole one;)."

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
summerdays said:
I would be seriously worried about sun-burn... after I managed to get one of mine slightly burnt when they were about a month old - and she was under a shade (not direct sunlight) and that was over a short period of time - not a whole weekend.

+1 i've asked around at work and everyone thinks the same as me, plus the baby would be open to all sorts of infection, and new mum's at work just looked at me in horror! Sun burn being their top concern.
IMO the mother is a thick dick!

gavintc

Guru
buggi said:

In case you had not realised, England is a 'cool' country. Babies thrive quite well in hot countries as well.

Top Bottom