Wow! A hero..!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Like the scene in the film "in bruges" where colin farrel jumps into the canal to save the baby that the mum has just let roll away in the pram. Colin farrel did the same thing and dissappeared asap because he was a hitman and obviously didnt want any publicity or fuss.
So i can only calculate that the hero must have been a hitman.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Like the scene in the film "in bruges" where colin farrel jumps into the canal to save the baby that the mum has just let roll away in the pram. Colin farrel did the same thing and dissappeared asap because he was a hitman and obviously didnt want any publicity or fuss.
Headline in The Mail.
"Gun toting cyclist wanted in connection with attempted baby drowning."

Canrider

Guru
To take this in a different direction:

If you were that cyclist, would you now step forward and make yourself known, or not? And why/why not?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

If you were that cyclist, would you now step forward and make yourself known, or not? And why/why not?

Thing is, would he know they were looking? Most cyclists dont frequent forums or news sites from what I gather.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Surely the point here is that we would all do the same wouldn't we (provided you can swim)? I know I would, but I would probably hang around a bit longer to make sure both mum and baby were ok and medical help was summoned. Reason for the hero dissappearing so quickly? Well, the clock was ticking and personal best's don't break themselves do they.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
But really. Prams mostly come with brakes these days. How daft do you have to be....?

Yes I was reading that bit thinking

'Oh, that was careless!'

but it would be wise to at least lower oneself gently, and wade in with caution.

Dip a toe in first to check the temperature and then gingerly wade in, before giving out a girly squeal when the cold water hits your tummy?? :biggrin:

Just the deep, deep satisfaction of it all - you'd be that little girl's secret superhero, and that would be more than enough for me.

The Dwaff Family

I love that film!!!!!!

Deserved pat on the back to that cyclist though :biggrin:

Edited to say:blush: may give permission for my details to be passed on to the mum, but there would be no publicity or my name being mentioned anywhere in any media., would just feel odd and not my cup of tea.

apollo179

I love that film!!!!!!

Deserved pat on the back to that cyclist though :biggrin:

Edited to say:blush: may give permission for my details to be passed on to the mum, but there would be no publicity or my name being mentioned anywhere in any media., would just feel odd and not my cup of tea.

I wasnt that impressed with the film myself - i hoped it would be a serious film about hitmen killing people but it turned out to be a comedy + i dont warm to colin farell at the best of times.
but the 2 incidents are spookily similar - maybe not a hitman but something , maybe an illegal immigrant. Somebody whos reward , if he had hung around would have been either going to pris or being deported.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I wasnt that impressed with the film myself - i hoped it would be a serious film about hitmen killing people but it turned out to be a comedy + i dont warm to colin farell at the best of times.
but the 2 incidents are spookily similar - maybe not a hitman but something , maybe an illegal immigrant. Somebody whos reward , if he had hung around would have been either going to pris or being deported.

For hitmen.. Leon. Much better movie. Not as funny, I take it.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thinking along those lines why not a sex offender? Some peopld do the right thing and want no recognition. Why do some find this so strange?

apollo179

Thinking along those lines why not a sex offender? Some peopld do the right thing and want no recognition. Why do some find this so strange?
Its just that all the evidence is consistent with being a hitman.
Not a sex offender cos a sex offender would have made of with the baby - i apologise in advance for any offence caused.:wub:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Its just that all the evidence is consistent with being a hitman.
Not a sex offender cos a sex offender would have made of with the baby - i apologise in advance for any offence caused.:wub:
It reminded me of a story I read. A paedophile comes across young children in a wood. He persuades one of the children to go off with him. Before he can do anything he hears screaming and panics. He returns to the group to find another child in the water. He performs CPR and saves the child. Others have arrived by thir time and he is hailed as a hero until a child says "We were lucky, if that man had taken John any further into the woods......"
"
That said I do like the idea of a lycra clad hitman :biggrin:

Top Bottom