Wow that was wet!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Windy here - Easterly so had a tail wind in, missed the rain again - just started as I type. My luck is running out !

davefb

Guru
Blowing a right gale here, with wet bits intermingled. Going out in 30 mins - wish me luck :thumbsup:

good luck ;)

must admit i found out 'a new way to crash' today.... blimey sudden crosswinds ( due to cycling past a junction) are 'interesting' ,
i was passing a cyclist ( given him a 'ting' , moved out, as the nice car driver was holding back) just past him then suddenly front wheel teleports about 20feet to the right ( might be an exagerration ;) ) , probably was about an inch in reality and luckily i was holding on to the bars :smile:..

wow!

(ofc he passed me later as he cycled on the pavement thru some lights i was waiting at,, but hey ho who cares :smile: )

taxing

I got a right soaking last night. I'd been to the shops and my box of cornflakes was all soggy on the top. :sad:

potsy

Rambler
Had to put my spare shoes on this morning as my normal ones were still wet from yesterday.
At least I stayed dry today,windy though.
No cycling til Tuesday for me,having Monday off to de-stress
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Lovely weather today (if a little nippy this morning!). The new rivers do seem to have caused some further damage to the roads. I am sure there are new potholes and plenty of debris on the roads. I wouldn't know where to start with fillthathole! :ohmy:

alp1950

Here is an example of just how wet it was (and how much fun I was having!)

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTjbmIa2CIU[/media]

Hey Magnatom.
Make sure you're wearing a life jacket when it's wet on that back road. If that video was shot taken where I think it was, a friend of mine turned his brand new car into a submarine up there when he drove into what he thought was a minor flood and it turned out to be several feet deep! Car was totalled & we've never let him forget it.

hambones

Still only one wet commute since April - I must be blessed! :smile:

However last night was VERY windy on the way home - it fair took 10mph off my normal speed!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I thought you were supposed to be Scoootish. that's just a little Scotish morning dew..."STFU" man.

S= "Scots" not "shut"

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Very, very wet in Glasgow again today (and in the surrounding areas I believe). Looking outside at the moment I think I will be swimming home.

Would I have rather taken the car this morning? No way. I would have been stuck in major traffic queues, and I would have missed out on splashy puddles! :biggrin::rain:

potsy

Rambler
Not looking too good down here either,am all dressed up in my waterproofs and can't wait,bring it on :tongue:
Temporary halt in the rainfall at the minute,sure it'll be back the minute I step out the door.

Dilbert

Got a proper soaking this morning :rain:, and wrung an impressive amount of water from my (allegedly) waterproof gloves, but an enjoyable ride. Forcast is for sunshine this afternoon but it doesn't look like it at the moment.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Not the heaviest rain I've ever cycled in, but it was rather wet in Edinburgh around 6am this morning.

Between the dark / broken streetlights / cycling glasses steaming up / needing wipers on the glasses, it made for an exciting & occasionally reduced-vision ride in. Ended up peering over the top of the glasses like a mad professor much of the time.

Very few cars on the road too, and the gym & changing rooms were empty when I got to work. Some people are obviously put off crawling out of bed in the morning when it's dark & wet!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wet ride to another site, then another wet ride back to office. Never mind......

Scalped a big motorbike in the cycle lane this morning - yes in the cycle lane..............:whistle:

Top Bottom