Wrecked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Meanwhile on the Leafblowers forum.

" You`ll never guess what happened to me today ? I was busy blowing leaves from the pathway absorbed in my work when this guy on a bike came hurtling by and clipped some path side curbing. I stood and watched as he went over his handlebars and hit the ground with such a thump and then slid to a stop. My word I was lucky, he could have taken me with him and handling a blower is a dangerous job. At least he got up OK although shaken but not stirred, as he was ranting about something as he rode off in the distance, can`t think what. Oh well, we both get to live another day".

Seriously though I hope you mend quickly, it could have been worse.

bladesman73

Über Member
Cant believe the OP is blaming the bloke who was doing a job with a noisy appliance...a job that makes the path safer for cyclists. Just slow down.

postman

Legendary Member
Man on path clearing up ,also using mobile phone,well it has to be Leif Erikson

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

All of you are very correct. I should most definitely have slowed down and done the safe thing. I think at this point i am more angry at myself for not thinking fast enough to come to that conclusion. I have a CT scan on Thursday to confirm if the wrist or should (or both) are in fact broken. Will keep everyone updated. Thank you for all the feedback and the much deserved finger wagging. Next time I encounter this situation i will know what to do, as i know now exactly what not to do.

lane

Veteran
Get well soon. Would have thought it was a bit early in the year to be using a leaf blower not autumn is it?

On the other hand I have come off on a cycle track on leaves which was my own fault going to fast not paying attention to the conditions - it happens.

alicat

Legendary Member
All of you are very correct. I should most definitely have slowed down and done the safe thing. I think at this point i am more angry at myself for not thinking fast enough to come to that conclusion. I have a CT scan on Thursday to confirm if the wrist or should (or both) are in fact broken. Will keep everyone updated. Thank you for all the feedback and the much deserved finger wagging. Next time I encounter this situation i will know what to do, as i know now exactly what not to do.

A big like for reflecting what could have been a hard read, @fuzzybuddha.

Go easy on yourself. No doubt you were in a hurry or concentrating on something else when you came across the leafblower. I could see myself doing the same except that the cursing would have been just inside my head. And you paid the price for being in a hurry.

And have a hug for your injuries. :hugs:

Thanks for the feedback and hope the outcome of the scan is favourable.

I see the original situation from both sides by the way as I do voluntary work in local country parks and personally use a leaf blower, brushcutter / clearing saw and chainsaw and am qualified to do so. Keeping watch for passers by is an essential part of the job, however fast runners and cyclists can catch you out, particularly on twisty trails. A blower is quite benign from the perspective of potential harm to passers by as you are looking in the direction that twigs and small stones may be blown. The other machinery has sharp bits so for them it's normal to post a lookout or lookouts.

Top Bottom