WTB Tyres, good result.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Having sold a bike of course I had to replace it with another one, I bought a new 2019 Cannondale Synapse from Pauls Cycles, there was a bit of a delay on delivery as they were overwhelmed by orders.
It came with WTB Exposure Tan Wall tyres set up with tubes, but both rims and tyres are tubeless, so the first job was to ditch the tubes and set them up tubeless, I have set up loads of tubeless but these are the tightest I have come across but I got them set up eventually, the first ride was interesting I had to stop twice to pump up the tyres, the front one went down considerably, I thought this must be a valve seat problem, but on returning home I brushed round the wheel with a mixture of washing up liquid and water, this revealed tiny bubbles coming through the tan side walls, not what you expect with a tubeless ready tyre, I have fitted non tubeless tyres tubeless and never had this.
I contacted WTB pointing out these tyres were not fit for purpose and asking if they had a bad batch, they guy who replied stated he had fitted loads of these with no problems, but could I send pictures and a copy of my receipt for the bike.
I did this and he agreed it was a fault, and dispatched 2 replacement tyres from Czech Republic on Monday that arrived yesterday.
So a thumbs up to WTB for sorting this.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sterling customer service. Let us know how the replacement goes.

Top Bottom