Wycombe, Bucks ride 5th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbs

Guru
Third thought: I see that Paddington-Maidenhead offers reaonable frequency and duration so as and when I can attnd that would seem to be the best route.

Norm

Any thoughts as to other start points?
Maidenhead if you don't mind a short hop over the hill to Marlow, or change at Maidenhead for the trains to Bourne End and you're just left with a few miles along the river.

gbs

Guru
Norm, Maidenhead - Marlow is roughly equivalent to 1 lap of RP;11k with 100m ascent. I expect you know this already but it may be usefu info other capital dwellers.

See you on Saturday I hope.

OP
OP
lilolee

lilolee

Veteran
7 miles for those Imperialists out there.

8:15 from Paddington gets you to Maidenhead 8:54 sounds the one to me. I can meet you at the station.

gbs

Guru

8:15 from Paddington gets you to Maidenhead 8:54 sounds the one to me. I can meet you at the station.

V kind but as mentioined in #14 I cannot make sunday 05/06. I will try to reserve july.

gbs

Guru

V kind but as mentioned in #14 I cannot make sunday 05/06. I will try to reserve july.

OP
OP
lilolee

lilolee

Veteran
I have amended the route slightly
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/36062404

Changes made
1. I don't like going down Bullocks Farm Lane from Wheelers End. Been down it three times now and met a car coming up each time. It's too narrow for me to be happy so down Chipps Hill the other side of Wheelers End
2. On my 42 x 23 I can't get up Smalldean Lane. So down the A4010 a bit to Bradenham Woods Lane.
3. At mile 26, even though it looks like a road, it actually leads to a private estate, so a slight detour.

Also the double roundabout at Hazlemere is a pain and the B474 is a bit busy but not too bad.

Rebel Ian

For those on the train from London you're welcome to jump off at Burnham then cycle with me to the starting point. Glad you re-posted this, I'd forgotten about it (even though it was in my calendar). Looking forward to it now :smile:

OP
OP
lilolee

lilolee

Veteran
Ian, it'll be good to meet you.

There are engineering works this weekend with no train service stopping at Burnham
rolleyes.gif

Rebel Ian

BTW the postcode of Wyevale is SL7 3RB

Yes, I know where that is as my son plays cricket for Little Marlow CC. From me I'll go up by Clivedon and through Bourne End. I think it's about 9 miles so I'll be adding 18 to the ride distance which will be a good pre LEJoG workout.

Klaus

Just saw this thread, being from Wycombe I am interested but have my daughter's wedding reception on Saturday so unlikely I'll be riding seriously on the Sunday, but would be interested in future rides.

Rebel Ian

Just saw this thread, being from Wycombe I am interested but have my daughter's wedding reception on Saturday so unlikely I'll be riding seriously on the Sunday, but would be interested in future rides.

Klaus, come and join us. Nobody said anything about riding seriously!! We'll be as quick as the slowest person which up hills will be me!

Norm

Klaus, come and join us. Nobody said anything about riding seriously!! We'll be as quick as the slowest person which up hills will be me!
Says the guy approaching the end of his training for a LEJoG. :biggrin:

I've always been good at the slow bike race. I used to get prizes for it, now I just get sweaty t-shirts. :laugh:

Rebel Ian

Says the guy approaching the end of his training for a LEJoG. :biggrin:

I've always been good at the slow bike race. I used to get prizes for it, now I just get sweaty t-shirts. :laugh:

Doesn't mean my training is going well. At the weekend in the wind on the south coast I was struggling to get above 10mph :wacko:

Top Bottom