Xbox One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
I've always kept up with the latest machines for years, right up to the 360 and ps3 but I just cannot justify the 400+ price tags on the new consoles so have refused to go out and buy one. I wonder how long it will last:evil:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I heard on the news today that they are having a lot of problems with the xbox one. It might be a good idea to wait and see before buying at the moment.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I heard on the news today that they are having a lot of problems with the xbox one. It might be a good idea to wait and see before buying at the moment.
Yes, they've had issues with the PS4 as well - I wonder if they are due to the rush to get them both out for xmas?
I'm sticking with my PS3 for now....may change eventually but can't warrant the money and the prices for the games!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
looking at the price of the games think I will wait. Current 360 aint bad however shelling out £400 for next gen... don`t think so. Prices will drop for sure just might take a wee while!

welsh dragon

I will wait for the generation 2 or slim versions. These are reliable. Only got the 360 slim about 3 years ago.

Yes I have one of those. To be honest it make me rather mad that they just keep bringing out new consoles. I know they want to make money, but to be honest, most of the time, you can't play the games you have one each new games console, and considering the amount of money you spend on the games it is a bit of a rip off IMHO. I always feel like they are taking me for a ride.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Yes I have one of those. To be honest it make me rather mad that they just keep bringing out new consoles. I know they want to make money, but to be honest, most of the time, you can't play the games you have one each new games console, and considering the amount of money you spend on the games it is a bit of a rip off IMHO. I always feel like they are taking me for a ride.
I have no idea what the testing process is but I always feel like the first people to get new consoles or games in fact are the beta testers. Games like Rome 2 are there just to prove it and for the xbox one on the first day there was an error code that rendered a majority of them inoperable.
PS3 had a abysmal launch as well when that came out along with psn going down. A few errors are expected sure but not ones that render the entire system to shoot.

welsh dragon

:laugh:
I have no idea what the testing process is but I always feel like the first people to get new consoles or games in fact are the beta testers. Games like Rome 2 are there just to prove it and for the xbox one on the first day there was an error code that rendered a majority of them inoperable.

Not very good business is it. Please buy our consoles, and don't take any notice of anyone who says they don'y work, even if they don't..

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
:laugh:

Not very good business is it. Please buy our consoles, and don't take any notice of anyone who says they don'y work, even if they don't..
I have always wondered that with COD fans. I will never understand them. Least with consoles they are fixed rather quickly. It would be nice if they did some real testing to remove the kinks first rather than saying sorry and annoying everyone. Take note The Creative Assembly !!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Technology moves on fast. A gaming rig PC is hugely expensive and you have to keep upgrading as system specs keep changing. The pS3 and 360 have managed for about 8 years. The graphics are still outstanding on these machines anyway, and are limited by HD resolution. PC games run at least twice this now.

welsh dragon

:crazy:
I have always wondered that with COD fans. I will never understand them. Least with consoles they are fixed rather quickly. It would be nice if they did some real testing to remove the kinks first rather than saying sorry and annoying everyone. Take note The Creative Assembly !!!!!

Mr Dragon has all of the COD games. My grandchildren spend rather a lot of time here as a result. Personally I don't get it, each one is just a variation of the last one. It only took Mr Dragon about 4 days to finish it. £40.00 for 4 days. Bloody hell.

Top Bottom