Xbox One

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Technology moves on fast. A gaming rig PC is hugely expensive and you have to keep upgrading as system specs keep changing. The pS3 and 360 have managed for about 8 years. The graphics are still outstanding on these machines anyway, and are limited by HD resolution. PC games run at least twice this now.

Yes but, they havn't created games that have really tested the gaming ability of the last PS3, let alone this new one.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Technology moves on fast. A gaming rig PC is hugely expensive and you have to keep upgrading as system specs keep changing. The pS3 and 360 have managed for about 8 years. The graphics are still outstanding on these machines anyway, and are limited by HD resolution. PC games run at least twice this now.
Bollocks. You can spend £1000 or less to run the next 4 years worth of games at ultra spec or at least high only then will it start to degrade.For my current PC I spent £1200 for at the time top spec with room to upgrade and 3 years later I have not had to do anything as I can play all games at ultra spec at 60fps+ double the capability of consoles and with the high fps I have years of room until it goes below 30 playing on ultra specs. Even after that point it will run efficient in doing other tasks as well. Look at the xbox 360 for example, try and open the dashboard while the game loads and it goes supernova wtf on you. The only reason being is because console hold the evolution of pc games back as developers are not willing to place investment into furthering the development of graphics just for the pc market.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's sloppy programming, and it's more evident on PC as they can just up the minimum spec. I wouldn't have another gaming PC, I will stick with consoles for the kids.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Dan £1200 vs about £300 console. That pays for lots of games.
Indeed but there again you can do much more on a PC than a console. If we are to compare with the new generation they are £480 rrp for the xbox one. Not that huge of a jump and as I mentioned before pc's can do more and take multi tasking further than consoles can. Xbox 360 for example only played in 720p at 30fps max with xbox one only bringing in 1080p many years late.. While pc why not 1080p or 1440p in 3d. past that more complex tasks can be acheived on pc. For example you cant mulit task on consoles. Like playing music and playing a game at the same time. Something which I consider basic with a PC.
In turn what I saying is yes its more expensive but the price can be justified and its not just a few years thing like you suggest.

fossyant

You don't get a choice of FPS on a console. Been there about 10 years ago. Built a cracking spec PC that is still the main PC, but won't run games now at a super high FPS. You will get fed up when the next game won't sail along at 60 or higher, at least console games are made to hardware.

You are a young lad, I am not fiddling with PC crap for gaming. I will let the kids have a console so I can just switch the bloody thing off.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
You don't get a choice of FPS on a console. Been there about 10 years ago. Built a cracking spec PC that is still the main PC, but won't run games now at a super high FPS. You will get fed up when the next game won't sail along at 60 or higher, at least console games are made to hardware.

You are a young lad, I am not fiddling with PC crap for gaming. I will let the kids have a console so I can just switch the bloody thing off.
Edit: to much of a rant
The choice is how much control do you want? PC has no limits tbh where as consoles you are limited to the grace and will of the manufacturers. Or be banned and removed. Simples. I like games with mod ability simple as really. I can get more out of my game. Communitys develop and overall PC gaming is just a nicer place to be apart of.

Last edited:

fossyant

With kids consoles rule. Get a bit older and need data, then a gaming PC is an answer. I don't game anymore, so the kids get a console. I can switch that off easy.

welsh dragon

With kids consoles rule. Get a bit older and need data, then a gaming PC is an answer. I don't game anymore, so the kids get a console. I can switch that off easy.

I can just about cope with grandchildren and PS3. The end. God help me if I had to do something with a gaming PC.

welsh dragon

Next move has been a full on gaming headset so we don't have to listen to it all. It's on the main telly, so use is controlled. His money though.

Some of the language is dreadful though. My 12 year old grandson has a list of other players that he usually plays with. They are a great bunch of lads with quite a wide range of ages, but they all get on and behave themselves.

welsh dragon

We have the same age kids, but are careful who they friend
To be honest with you I never know what to do for the best. I know the kids hear that kind of language at school everyday, but we don't want them to think it is normal and or okay to hear it and say it. Catch 22 situation really.

Top Bottom