Xmas Plans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Sister in Law's Christmas day, Boxing Day down to the caravan for a few days (MrsF will be swimming in the sea) and unload it more (we're letting it go this year/end of site license). Then 30th at my folks. No plans for NYE - will stop in I think.

Bike rides - need to swap the wheels on the CX to 'road' and pop on the guards - can't see me doing much 'off road' as it's a total mud bog round here.

Have you managed to get an acceptable price for the van ??
We knew we would take a hit but fortunately the owner wanted that spot for a cabin so it was acceptable.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
We’ll be celebrating with family but the logistics have still to be worked out, the only thing locked down at the moment is midnight Mass on Christmas eve.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you managed to get an acceptable price for the van ??
We knew we would take a hit but fortunately the owner wanted that spot for a cabin so it was acceptable.

Polish chap (who exports them) has offered about £3k. Not much, but the prospect of £30k for another van plus £4.5k a year in ground rent (assume £7.5k a year to include cost of van over 10 years) is madness.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Feel a bit sorry for SIL who is hosting this year. My wife's side had been looking after MIL for 8 plus years so we always organised Xmas around her (my family took a back seat). MIL passed over a year ago, and last Xmas was 'free' of elderly parent running about, so we hosted most of my wife's family last year - they really enjoyed the break. This year, SIL now has to look after her husband's mum - she's come back from Spain now she's in poor health and needs care, but BIL is now doing the run round - they have had no break from it all. At least if there is a few of us there, we can keep the 'parent' entertained.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Polish chap (who exports them) has offered about £3k. Not much, but the prospect of £30k for another van plus £4.5k a year in ground rent (assume £7.5k a year to include cost of van over 10 years) is madness.

Indeed. A (van) neighbour had been on the site 30 years....... they were in their 70s. In Spring he paid the owner to put decking around. Come October the owner told him the van was too old and he would have to a) buy a new van off the owner or b) clear off.
Aged 75ish he was forced to go.....very sad.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Feel a bit sorry for SIL who is hosting this year. My wife's side had been looking after MIL for 8 plus years so we always organised Xmas around her (my family took a back seat). MIL passed over a year ago, and last Xmas was 'free' of elderly parent running about, so we hosted most of my wife's family last year - they really enjoyed the break. This year, SIL now has to look after her husband's mum - she's come back from Spain now she's in poor health and needs care, but BIL is now doing the run round - they have had no break from it all. At least if there is a few of us there, we can keep the 'parent' entertained.

This getting old lark is not all its cracked up to be!!

Slick

Guru
Indeed. A (van) neighbour had been on the site 30 years....... they were in their 70s. In Spring he paid the owner to put decking around. Come October the owner told him the van was too old and he would have to a) buy a new van off the owner or b) clear off.
Aged 75ish he was forced to go.....very sad.

That's a real shame.

I had one for a number of years and got quite friendly with a mum and daughter who bought theirs after a small lottery win years previously but could no longer afford to replace it after the 15 year maximum as this site rules demanded. It was older, but still looked go9d so the owner just left them alone. When I asked him, he explained that he just uses that rule to make sure nobody let's the place go to ruin and as long as its in good condition, he doesn't really mind.

Dave7

Legendary Member
That's a real shame.

I had one for a number of years and got quite friendly with a mum and daughter who bought theirs after a small lottery win years previously but could no longer afford to replace it after the 15 year maximum as this site rules demanded. It was older, but still looked go9d so the owner just left them alone. When I asked him, he explained that he just uses that rule to make sure nobody let's the place go to ruin and as long as its in good condition, he doesn't really mind.

Our 'owner' was a nice guy but absolutely ruthless. There was a couple with a van side on overlooking the lake (Prime spot) and one day he told them he was turning the van 'end on' and put another van next to it.
I once asked him about a contract and he said........you can have one by all means but its not worth a carrot.
He was fine with us but you just knew you were a number.

Top Bottom