XP Pro or XP Home full edition, not OEM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a bit of a fix here and in need of advice...

Am setting up a modernish dual core (Win 7 preinstalled) computer as a gift for a relative and their favourite games, being a bit old, demand XP to run. They won't run under Win 7 (even in XP mode - it's a known issue with them), so am looking at creating a dual-boot with XP and the games on a second hard drive. Also, I want them to be able to use XP beyond the life of the current machine if needed, so the OEM version of XP won't do...

Anyone know where I can still buy the full XP Pro or XP Home from at reasonable cost?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm not sure that it's still available.

You might have to invest some time in googling.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Mark_Robson said:
Check out ebay, there's quite a few listings, with prices upto £70. Some look dodgy but most look to be genuine.

My first thought too - but a lot of what's on there when you look at the descriptions is stuff removed from specific pcs, so likely to be manufacturer-branded OEM tied to specific models. I can't see anything that is definitely a full, non-OEM, MS version of XP. Must be loads of them out there - somewhere! ;)

OP
OP
beanzontoast
rh100 said:
Amazon still have them listed.

Cheers for the suggestion - have had another look. Not 100% sure, but reading comments I think these are mainly OEM - I see one full 'used' Xp Pro is £189!! Also, one seller gets some neg feedback which is a bit scary.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Ok - just found out from the seller that the Ebay one is out because it accepts PayPal only and unfortunately as I'm a chequebook-wielding old fogie, that rules me out! ;)

Keep the suggestions coming please, guys!

Top Bottom