XP07EUP 02.05.2013 pulled by Essex police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

mind you in terms of "rude and abusive" the cyclist went first shouting what the ****!"

and i wouldve taken the mini roundabout a lot more to the left. cyc was practically on top of it!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Must be a local trouble spot because at 0.39 to 0.41 there are two groups of people and Police at the side of the road.

What did the driver of the small black car do anyway apart from a bad overtaking decision?

Can this post be moved to Commuting where all the other stressed-up rat-racers post their complaints?

subaqua

What’s the point
Must be a local trouble spot because at 0.39 to 0.41 there are two groups of people and Police at the side of the road.

What did the driver of the small black car do anyway apart from a bad overtaking decision?

Can this post be moved to Commuting where all the other stressed-up rat-racers post their complaints?

lets hope you don't get hit by a nobber who thought it would be great to drive like a plum. hey maybe we should all just not bother reporting and hope the problem goes away

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
But what did he do?
60981-Tactical-Facepalm-swZG.jpeg

Cyclist33

But what did he do?

My reading of the somewhat flimsy video evidence, unswayed by the coarse shouting of the cyclist, is that the car driver went over the centre of the mini-roundabout, which is illegal(?), in trying to overtake the cyclist - but that shows impatience not criminal intent, and wouldn't have become an issue if the cyclist wasn't weaving about all over the lane and then taking the roundabout in the "lane" that a car would take if it were taking the last right even though the cyclist was taking the first exit - it isn't clear from the video whether or not the cyclist was indicating; and then I suppose engaging in a heated argument while you should be concentrating on the road around you is probably undue care and attention. But equally the bike driver is commanding a roadgoing vehicle so the same could be said of them.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
But what did he do?
From what i can tell
1:Attempting to overtake over a mini roundabout. Big nono
2: Undertaking
3: Swearing - Children visibly about also in what seems a town centre
4: Punishment pass
5: Looks like a town centre so prob speed limit of 20. For the punishment pass that looks more like 30.
Thats just what i can tell from the video.

From what i can tell
5: Looks like a town centre so prob speed limit of 20. For the punishment pass that looks more like 30.
I cant tell on 3 (because I've no sound) I'll take everyone's above word for it ;) but the other items are pretty clear without sound!

subaqua

What’s the point
From what i can tell

Epping is a 30 through there from memory. The police car likely spun round at the mini RAB as you can see it coming in the opposite direction.
Essex vehicle team are a fairly proactive team and that may have been them on the left talking to others.

The officer talking to the cyclist seemed very disinterested and body language shows that he really doesn't care.

compo

Veteran
I was nearly taken out in Epping by a car overtaking in a pinch point. The car, a normal marked Essex police car being driven by a police woman. I thought they should set an example to other road users. However things are dfifferent in Essex compared to normal places.

Top Bottom