XP07EUP 02.05.2013 pulled by Essex police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
Had someone overtake me at the weekend coming up to a traffic calming pinch point while I was in primary forcing me to brake and pull into the kerb or get knocked off.

Must admit my reaction was similar to the OP, it is difficult to remain calm when some one else do clearly has little regard for your life.

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

Epping is a 30 through there from memory. The police car likely spun round at the mini RAB as you can see it coming in the opposite direction.
Essex vehicle team are a fairly proactive team and that may have been them on the left talking to others.

The officer talking to the cyclist seemed very disinterested and body language shows that he really doesn't care.
The officer talking to the car driver was very interested.
And took the time roadside for a mg11 also looks like court for the driver.

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

Had someone overtake me at the weekend coming up to a traffic calming pinch point while I was in primary forcing me to brake and pull into the kerb or get knocked off.

Must admit my reaction was similar to the OP, it is difficult to remain calm when some one else do clearly has little regard for your life.
Very true.
just like this

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The cyclist was taking primary coming off the roundabout due to it being too narrow for a safe pass at that point.

I thought that something else must have been going on for the driver to have been pulled over like that ?

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

I gave a statement at roadside and my sd card was kept as evidence but apparently as 14 days have passed they cant issue him a NIP but will take him straight to court.

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

So what did the police do? Did you report this via policewitness?

I gave a statement at roadside and my sd card was kept as evidence but apparently as 14 days have passed they cant issue him a NIP but will take him straight to court.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
They did nothing in 14 days? What layabouts are these coppers?

From personal experience, don't bother giving the police your memory card, in most cases they don't have the tech to read a memory card yet alone play digital video that is of high quality. Better off just burning a playable DVD and giving it to them later.

OP
OP
sue perb

sue perb

They did nothing in 14 days? What layabouts are these coppers?

From personal experience, don't bother giving the police your memory card, in most cases they don't have the tech to read a memory card yet alone play digital video that is of high quality. Better off just burning a playable DVD and giving it to them later.

I do sometimes do dvd's or youtube links via policewitness or roadsafe.
But the police evidence bag my sd card to give to there sgt??

Whiskey88

My reading of the somewhat flimsy video evidence, unswayed by the coarse shouting of the cyclist, is that the car driver went over the centre of the mini-roundabout, which is illegal(?),

From what I remember from my driving lessons, so long as 2 wheels are off the roundabout, it's legal to go over the painted section though I may be wrong there. However, overtaking on said roundabout is probably dangerous driving, his number plate is illegal as the space has been moved and the undertaking is, as we all know, illegal. So he's still a pillock, especially as he let it all unfold in front of the police.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I was going to say, did they ask for your memory card at the scene? Because what if something happened to you on the rest of your journey that using your camera would have been very helpful for.
Whenever I have reported something to the police they have actually said that a DVD copy is all they can accept due to viruses / bugs being on other devices. It makes things easier for them and for me as it only takes 5 mins to copy the file over.

The last time I reported something, I took my laptop into the station to show the staff. I was then able to actually copy over the file to a CD right there. It made life a whole lot easier.

Ciar

Veteran
Can't see the video as I am currently sitting in work, but the speed limit past the school up past the warren wood booza and just after the lights by the car shop is now 30mph, moves to 40mph once you hit the forest section, used to be 40-50..

subaqua

What’s the point
Can't see the video as I am currently sitting in work, but the speed limit past the school up past the warren wood booza and just after the lights by the car shop is now 30mph, moves to 40mph once you hit the forest section, used to be 40-50..
its not there its actually in Epping heading out to Harlow . way past warren wood and way past "old orleans" or whatever its called these days.

the forest speed limit used to be NSL 60mph !! from Hunting lodge road to M25.

Top Bottom