Y.Day eve...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..i was on a ride and stopped to make an adjustment, noticed some rustling to my left just prior to setting off again: it was 4 goats moving around right next to the fence in a field...

It was soo innocently amusing...maybe they were looking for something other than grass to chew on ;)

Its amazing how just checking out/meeting some animals like them was so satisfying.

Its good to get out amongst the fields etc...rather than roads of roads...!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Skip this video so it has 3:18 on the right hand side.
I have seen them a few times now by the side of the road eating the bushes. Strange things really.

longers

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
Its amazing how just checking out/meeting some animals like them was so satisfying.

There's a white horse near here that will "chase" you if it's in the mood.

It's still in the field but it'll run alongside if it spots you in time. It's great, it's obviously enjoying the interaction too - I should go that way more often.

Freewheeler

Rinding home from work along a pretty lane last night about 10ish, it was just going dusk when I saw something that caused me to double-take. Stood right on top of the roof ridge of a house was a black cat with a baby rabbit in its mouth. At first I thought it must be an ornament of some kind, but when I stopped it continued to stare at me for a few seconds then disappeared down the other side of the roof.

Following swallows along the road is ace at this time of year too.

longers

Legendary Member
Freewheeler said:

I had the opposite the other night, came round a corner at speed and one was heading for my face. Only it's lightning quick reactions saved me from a very sore eye.

Freewheeler said:

Cutting the rough (golf course) at work, lots of small insects are whirled up into the air, only to be gobbled up by the ready- and waiting squadron of swallows.

I'm treated to a fantastic display of low-level flying. I almost get the feeling that they are deliberately entertaining me, as dolphins seem to do to passengers on boats.

barq

I go out mountain biking a few evenings a week and often have the pleasure of seeing roe deer really close up. They are very beautiful and I always enjoy encountering them.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Dayvo said:
I'm treated to a fantastic display of low-level flying. I almost get the feeling that they are deliberately entertaining me.

I took some great pix of hover fly's (simliar to Hornets but smaller and not as nasty if at all) once and they are / were soo tame they didnt mind the camera being soo close.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Joe24 said:
Skip this video so it has 3:18 on the right hand side.
I have seen them a few times now by the side of the road eating the bushes. Strange things really.

Joe; your really moving in that vid.

Freewheeler

I took some great pix of hover fly's (simliar to Hornets but smaller and not as nasty if at all)

They have no sting, they just mimic wasps to avoid being eaten. The way they hover and dart about is pretty cool.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
There's a white horse near here that will "chase" you if it's in the mood.

It's still in the field but it'll run alongside if it spots you in time. It's great, it's obviously enjoying the interaction too - I should go that way more often.

Like this?;)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSF5mTk-ACM

I'm sure it's the same as the loose horses you see finishing the national - the adrenalin just carries them along even when they aren't being 'driven'.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Freewheeler said:
They have no sting, they just mimic wasps to avoid being eaten. The way they hover and dart about is pretty cool.

A true wonderment in your back-garden!

Top Bottom